LINGUIST List 29.2470
Fri Jun 08 2018
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Data Science Architect, nThrive
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Stephanie Stowe <sstowe
Computational Linguistics: Data Science Architect, nThrive, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: nThrive
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.nthrive.com/
Job Title: Data Science Architect
Job Rank: Data Science Architect
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
As an Architect, you will be responsible for making key decisions about our industry-leading Patient To Payment software solution AI architecture and technology.
- Work with development team and Product Management to support strategy, customer needs, and delivery of requirements in the form of completed products.
- Design and deliver scalable platforms for Machine Learning, AI, and NLP solutions.
-Develop new features; maintain and enhance existing functionality for Data Science solutions including machine learning, AI, and NLP.
- Provide project level leadership; communicate and coordinate development activities with management and colleagues to ensure timely product delivery.
- Exhibit consistent ownership of the products to which you are assigned.
- Seek development opportunities above and beyond required training.
- Maintain a broad and deep knowledge of emergent trends in relevant Data Science, AI, and Software Development.
- Choose appropriate technologies for the problem.
- Ensure quality through unit testing, code review, and performance metrics.
- Own each product the team builds; and own the measurements that ensure successful execution, delivery, and support of the production product.
- Provide production support in conjunction with the support organization to resolve production issues.
- Share what you know with other colleagues while learning from them. Provide mentoring and technical guidance to junior members to assure the team is successful.
- Travel occasionally to meet with management, colleagues, clients, or 3rd party vendors.
- Protect the integrity and confidentiality of all personal health data and proprietary information.
- Observe all Policies and Procedures.
- Master's Degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning, Data Science,
- Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent discipline
- 8+ years of experience delivering software solutions solving real business problems with Data Science, Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing
- Broad experience building and optimizing classification and/or regression Machine Learning models using various approaches such as LR, SVM, KNN, Neural Nets, MLPs, Random Forest, Naïve Bayes, or Decision Trees
- Experience delivering scalable distributed implementations using one or more frameworks such as Spark, DASK, Mahout, Hadoop, Azure, Theano, Torch, or TensorFlow.
- Fluency in at least two languages from Python, Java, Scala, C#, C++, Ruby, Perl, or similar
- Experience developing software in an Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled to strong oral and written communications
- Excellent time management and self-motivation skills
- Experience with cloud-based solutions
-Ph. D in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent discipline is preferred
- Mastery of multiple tools or frameworks such as Spark, DASK, Mahout, Hadoop, Azure, Theano, Torch, or TensorFlow
- Experience with Regular Expressions
- Experience with text information extraction, grammars, semantics, and morphology
- Experience with parsers, tokenizers, and other text based linguistic tools
- Spoken and/or written fluency with modern or ancient languages in addition to your native language
- Experience with structured and unstructured data
- Creativity in compensating for incomplete or sparse data
- Experience managing and utilizing curated corpora & ontologies
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) practices
- Experience in Healthcare Information Technology
To apply, please see the Application Link below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://bit.ly/2LBkefR
Talent Acquisition Coordinator Stephanie Stowe
Page Updated: 08-Jun-2018