LINGUIST List 29.2471
Fri Jun 08 2018
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Senior Data Scientist, nThrive
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Stephanie Stowe <sstowe
Computational Linguistics: Senior Data Scientist, nThrive, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: nThrive
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.nthrive.com/
Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
Job Rank: Senior Data Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
As a Senior Data Scientist in the Solutions Organization, you will responsible for developing and maintaining custom Data Science solutions using Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing. As a Senior colleague, you will be responsible for making key technology decisions about our industry-leading Patient-to-Payment software solutions. Your applied research and development responsibilities will include assuring scalable designs, optimizing the software solutions you create, and mentoring your colleagues.
- Work with development team and Product Management to understand product requirements and support customer needs.
- Develop new features; enhance existing functionality in current Data Science solutions.
- Communicate and coordinate development activities with management and colleagues to ensure timely product delivery.
- Exhibit consistent ownership of the products to which you are assigned.
- Seek development opportunities above and beyond required training.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of emergent trends in relevant Data Science, AI, and Software Development.
- Ensure quality through unit testing, code review, and performance metrics.
- Provide production support in conjunction with the support organization to resolve production issues.
- Share what you know with other colleagues while learning from them. Provide mentoring and technical guidance to junior members to assure the team is successful.
- Travel occasionally to meet with management, colleagues, clients, or 3rd party vendors.
- Protect the integrity and confidentiality of all personal health data and proprietary information.
- Observe all Policies and Procedures.
- Master's degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent discipline
- 5+ years of experience delivering software solutions solving real business problems with Data Science, Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing
- Experience building and optimizing classification and/or regression Machine Learning models using various approaches such as LR, SVM, KNN, Neural Nets, MLPs, Random Forest, Naïve Bayes, or Decision Trees
- Experience with at least two languages from Python, Java, Scala, C#, C++, Ruby, Perl, or similar
- Experience developing software in an Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled to strong oral and written communications
- Excellent time management and self-motivation skills
- Ph. D in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent discipline
- Mastery of a tool or framework such as Spark, DASK, Mahout, Hadoop, Azure, Theano, Torch, or TensorFlow
- Experience using scalable distributed implementations using one or more frameworks such as Spark, DASK, Mahout, Hadoop, Azure, Theano, Torch, or TensorFlow
- Experience with cloud-based solutions
- Experience with Regular Expressions
- Experience with text information extraction, grammars, semantics, and morphology
- Experience with parsers, tokenizers, and other text based linguistic tools
- Spoken and/or written fluency with one modern or ancient language in addition to your native language
- Experience with structured and unstructured data
- Creativity in compensating for incomplete or sparse data
- Experience managing and utilizing curated corpora & ontologies
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) practices
- Experience in Healthcare Information Technology
To apply, please see the Application Link below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://bit.ly/2JsyEOz
Talent Coordinator Stephanie Stowe
Page Updated: 08-Jun-2018