LINGUIST List 29.2654
Mon Jun 25 2018
Jobs: Language Acquisition: Language Technology Specialist, Yale University
Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinsonlinguistlist.org>
Nelleke Van Deusen-Scholl <nelleke.vandeusen-scholl
Language Acquisition: Language Technology Specialist, Yale University, Connecticut, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Yale University
Department: Center for Language Study
Job Location: Connecticut, USA
Web Address: https://cls.yale.edu/
Job Title: Language Technology Specialist
Job Rank: Language Technology Specialist
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition
Language Technology Specialist
Center for Language Study, Yale University
Job requisition number 50063BR (http://bit.ly/2IbzBtn
The Center for Language Study supports language education across Yale University by providing opportunities for professional development for language faculty and graduate students and by promoting innovative approaches to language instruction. The Center also offers a range of specialized language programs, such as a shared course initiative with peer institutions using distance technology, the English Language Program, and Directed Independent Language Study.
- Provides strategic vision for integrating technology and language instruction across campus, including distance learning and online learning environments. Consults with faculty and graduate teaching fellows regarding language pedagogy and technology practices. Devises innovative strategies for instructional design and runs workshops for faculty on new directions in technology-assisted learning.
- Oversees the technology for distance education in language teaching, including the Shared Course Initiative (SCI) and other distance initiatives, responsibilities include faculty training in distance teaching.
- Conducts research and analyzes latest trends in technology-assisted language learning, shaping Yale’s evolving thinking about the new possibilities for online and technology mediated language learning environments. Disseminates information through conference presentations.
- Conducts needs analysis across departments regarding distance learning, mobile and online technologies, open educational resources, and social media in teaching and learning. Collaborates with faculty to create new opportunities for teaching with technology, including telecollaborative exchanges.
- Collaborates with information technology specialists within Yale and with peer institutions on new directions in technology-assisted language learning.
- Creates and develops tools to publicize departmental activities and to build community, including the blog, Twitter feed, Facebook, and website.
- Advise FAS Dean’s Office on technological matters, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in foreign language, TESOL, or applied linguistics or closely related field and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
For a full position description, please visit the application link below.
All applications must be submitted electronically through this link. Review of applications will begin on July 20, 2018.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Application Deadline: 20-Jul-2018 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://bit.ly/2IbzBtn
Nelleke Van Deusen-Scholl
Page Updated: 25-Jun-2018