LINGUIST List 29.2703
Thu Jun 28 2018
Jobs: General Linguistics: Lecturer, The Education University of Hong Kong
Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinsonlinguistlist.org>
General Linguistics: Lecturer, The Education University of Hong Kong E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: The Education University of Hong Kong
Department: Department of Linguistics and Modern Language Studies
Job Location: Tai Po, Hong Kong
Web Address: https://www.eduhk.hk/lml/en/
Job Title: Lecturer I/II (Ref: LI/II/LML/0618)
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Lecturer I/II (Ref: LI/II/LML/0618)
Department of Linguistics and Modern Language Studies
The appointee will be responsible for teaching introductory courses in general linguistics, intercultural communication and modern languages (such as Spanish, French, and German). The appointee is expected to commence employment in mid-August 2018.
For the post of Lecturer I, applicants should have:
- A Master’s degree in Linguistics or a related discipline,
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant post-qualification teaching experience.
- Applicants should preferably possess a relevant professional teaching certificate, e.g. PGDE or qualification of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) recognised by the Education Bureau of Hong Kong or other qualification of equivalence.
- Proven evidence of quality teaching and/or a successful record of relevant professional experience is required.
- Significant contributions to in-school curriculum development will be an advantage.
- Applicants with less relevant post-qualification teaching experience may be considered for the post of Lecturer II.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract. Fringe benefits include contract-end gratuity, leave, medical and dental benefits.
Application Forms are obtainable from
- The Human Resources Office, 3/F, Cho Kwai Chee Foundation Building, The Education University of Hong Kong, 10 Lo Ping Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.
The completed Application Form, together with full CV, should be sent to the Human Resources Office by email to hro2
eduhk.hk or by post to the above address on or before 11 July 2018. Please quote the reference number of the position in the application and mark “Strictly Confidential – Job Application” on the envelope. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. For details of the Personal Information Collection Statement, please refer to http://www.eduhk.hk/jobsopp/index.php?glang=en
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted. The University reserves the right not to fill the position(s) advertised. Since the incumbent may engage in work relating to students in schools, prospective employee(s) may be requested to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check operated by the Hong Kong Police Force.
Further information about the University is available at http://www.eduhk.hk
EdUHK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Application Deadline: 11-Jul-2018
Email Address for Applications: hro2
Web Address for Applications: https://bit.ly/2tLsO49
The Human Resources Office
Page Updated: 28-Jun-2018