LINGUIST List 29.2918
Mon Jul 16 2018
Jobs: English; Language Acquisition; English as a Second Language: Associate Director, Loyola University Chicago
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Jennifer Engel <jengel2
English; Language Acquisition; English as a Second Language: Associate Director, Loyola University Chicago, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Loyola University Chicago
Department: English as a Second Language (TESOL) - Office for International Programs
Job Location: Illinois, USA
Web Address: https://www.luc.edu/esl/
Job Title: Director, English Language Learning Program: Associate Director, Intl Progs.
Job Rank: Associate Director
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; English as a Second Language
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The Associate Director, English Language Learning Program is a professional position within the Office for International Programs. This individual provides leadership for all programs housed within the English Language Learning Program (ELLP) including Intensive English, conditional admissions, & special programs.
In collaboration with Director, manages ELLP personnel including staff selection, training, performance evaluations & professional development; Observes & mentors new instructors for the purposes of retention & development.
Responsible for the ongoing assessment & enhancement of the ELLP academic program, including curricular design & academic-focused programming. Analyzes course, instructor, & program evaluations; Develops & evaluates instructional approaches & procedures, & communicates them to teaching staff; Teaches ESL classes periodically as needed.
- Responsible for the overall administration of the ELLP program
- Reviews & makes decisions regarding final student placements & advancement
- Plans & manages program budget
- Oversees disciplinary matters & academic probation cases
- Reviews & develops ELLP policies & procedures
- Responsible for ELLP marketing & recruitment efforts, ensuring that strategic recruitment & retention goals are met
- Analyzes potential recruitment opportunities & collaborates with Executive Director to develop, implement, & assess a diversified recruitment strategy for the unit;
- Liaises with sponsoring organizations (e.g. SACM), government agencies, & embassies to identify & enroll international students into ELLP programs
- Represents ELLP to other programs & departments in the University & outside of the University.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate & Professional Enrollment Management, & individual Colleges & Schools, develops, implements, & expands conditional admissions program as appropriate;
- Actively identifies opportunities for customized program development
- As part of the OIP leadership team, actively participates in Offices’ strategic planning, assessment, & reporting as well as the planning & administration of OIP activities
- Performs other duties as required
- Master’s degree in TESOL, applied linguistics, or closely-related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related recruitment, academic, administrative, & supervisory experience in English as a Second Language program administration;
- Extensive experience with ELS assessment & curriculum development as well as instruction at a university-based Intensive English Program;
- Demonstrated ability to build, maintain & strengthen organizational capacity;
- Strategic planning, project management & risk management ability;
- Strong interpersonal, public relations & communication skills;
- International experience & demonstrated commitment to diversity & multiculturalism
Please submit an application, including a résumé, cover letter & 3 professional references to the application link below. Please include international/overseas experience in the cover letter and/or résumé. Please see this link for a full job description.
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission & diversifying our staff. As a Jesuit Catholic institution of higher education, we seek candidates who will contribute to our strategic plan to deliver a Transformative Education in the Jesuit tradition. Females, minorities, protected veterans, & individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/6893
Exec. Director, International Programs Jennifer Engel
Page Updated: 16-Jul-2018