LINGUIST List 29.2921
Mon Jul 16 2018
Calls: General Linguistics/Malaysia
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Chelster Pudin <chelster
2nd International Conference on Languages, Linguistics, and Society 2018
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 2nd International Conference on Languages, Linguistics, and Society 2018
Short Title: ICLALIS 2018
Date: 08-Nov-2018 - 09-Nov-2018
Location: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Contact Person: Organising Committee
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://iclalis2018.wixsite.com/conference
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 15-Aug-2018
Welcome to the 2nd International Conference on Languages, Linguistics, and Society (ICLALIS 2018) in Malaysia. This conference is organised by the Centre for the Promotion of Knowledge and Language Learning, Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS), and will be held in Promenade Hotel, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, (Malaysia) from 8 to 9 November 2018.
ICLALIS 2018 aim to highlight the roles that languages and linguistics play in diverse settings or contexts especially in the face of the disruptive technologies. How are the effects of these disruptions reflected in society and most importantly how do we find ways to solve problems and conflicts which may arise out of the challenges that disruptive technologies bring to language and society, whether at national or international level? ICLALIS 2018 call for the sharing of insights, critiques, observations, and crucial findings of research within - but not necessarily limited to - the theme of the conference.
Professor Emeritus Dr. James T. Collins, Principal Research Fellow, Institute of Ethnic Studies, National University of Malaysia (UKM).
Prof. Dr. Zuraidah Mohd Don, Advisor of Council of Language Deans, Founding Chair of English Language Standards and Quality Council, Ministry of Education, Malaysia.
Call for Papers:
We welcome proposals on topics related to the Conference theme of “Language, linguistics, and society in the era of disruptive technologies.” Paper presentations will be allocated 20 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A. Poster presentation session is also available for postgraduate students.
Abstracts should be submitted via the Conference website at https://iclalis2018.wixsite.com/conference/registration by 15 August 2018 (24:00 Malaysian time).
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically by the stated deadline.
- You may submit as many abstracts as you like. Payment is per paper submitted for presentation.
- All material must be the work of authors listed and appropriately referenced.
- All abstracts will be printed and published as they appear in your submission. The organisers are not responsible for and will not copy edit abstract submissions. Please ensure all special characters and formatting display correctly and your author block only appears once.
- Please do not submit the same abstract twice.
Abstract Submission Formatting:
Please ensure the abstract more or less contains the following prior to submission:
1. A sentence stating the study’s objective (unless this is provided in the title)
2. A brief statement of methods, if pertinent
3. A summary of the results or findings obtained
4. A statement of conclusion
Page Updated: 26-Jul-2018