LINGUIST List 29.2958
Thu Jul 19 2018
Jobs: Arabic; French; Japanese; Polish; Russian; Spanish; Ukrainian; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Programmer, Chenope
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Katya Saint-Amand <ksaintamand
Arabic; French; Japanese; Polish; Russian; Spanish; Ukrainian; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Programmer, Chenope, UK E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Chenope
Job Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://chenope.com/
Job Title: Linguist, Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb) French (fra) Japanese (jpn) Polish (pol) Russian (rus) Spanish (spa) Ukrainian (ukr)
Chenope will be hiring computational linguists in both permanent and special purpose contractor positions (part-time and full time) in Edinburgh, Scotland where we have a growing group of computational linguists. Remote work is possible for EU and American citizens.
If you join our team, you will work on analysing textual data in different languages as part of a multi-faceted analysis product whose goal is to predict behaviour related to organisations varying from Fortune 500 companies to criminal organisations. The work is often cutting-edge in nature.
We are, unusually, a 100% employee-owned startup; we are growing our business based on actual paying customers, including a partnership with the multi-billion dollar corporation Aon, and technology that is already both patented and proven.
- Native speaker language competence in one or more of the following languages:
- Ukrainian, and other Slavic languages
- University degree in Computational Linguistics or a related field. Equivalent experience in the IC or military welcome. Additional research and/or training in semantics, pragmatics and corpus linguistics preferred.
- Experience in ontology development, grammar engineering, and the ability to abstract over language data.
- Proven ability to do original research in the field.
- Familiarity with language processing tools - for the languages you're applying for.
- Intellectual curiosity critical, especially a "nose" for investigation.
- Comfortable with performing both intellectually complex and mundane tasks as needed to advance the goals of the business; a certain amount of professional maturity is required in a bootstrapped startup.
- Prior start-up experience preferred, but not required.
Even if you don't have all the qualifications listed above, but you think that you have the potential for learning and development, you should still send us your application. We are growing, and we have long memories.
We can only accept applications from citizen of the US, UK, EU, Canada, Mexico, or others who have the legal right to work in either the UK or the US. Unfortunately we cannot consider applicants without one of these statuses.
However, you needn't already be in one of our current locations to start off. We will pay to relocate the right person within several months of successful work at the company.
Even you are not currently available, please consider sending your application so that we have it on file; our needs change, sometimes in unpredictable ways.
Interested candidates please send a CV and a brief letter of why you think we should hire you to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: work
Page Updated: 19-Jul-2018