LINGUIST List 29.2978
Sat Jul 21 2018
Qs: Online Research Study: Auditory First Impressions
Editor for this issue: Kenneth Steimel <kenlinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Valerie Freeman <valerie.freeman
Online Research Study: Auditory First Impressions E-mail this message to a friend
Researchers at Oklahoma State University are conducting an online research study about the first impressions people form when they hear someone talking. We are interested in responses from both linguists and non-linguists, so please share widely. One in five participants will win an electronic Amazon gift card. More details:
- Listen to recordings of people talking and give your impressions about them.
- Fill out personality and attitudes questionnaires about yourself.
- Part 1 involves manipulating a PowerPoint file (20-30 mins). Completing this portion enters you into a drawing for a 1 in 5 chance at a $20 electronic gift card to Amazon.com.
- Part 2 is an online survey (20-30 mins). The two parts can be completed in separate sittings.
- over age 18
- native speaker of American English since preschool
- no known speech, hearing, or cognitive disorders
- Quiet location
Follow this link to complete the study from a computer: https://goo.gl/eXYxfQ
Questions? Contact the researcher:
Dr. Valerie Freeman: valerie.freeman
Asst. Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Oklahoma State University
Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science
Subject Language(s): English (eng)
Page Updated: 21-Jul-2018