LINGUIST List 29.2986
Mon Jul 23 2018
Jobs: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Syntax: Linguist, Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Elena Pirttisalo <elena.pirttisalo
Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Syntax: Linguist, Lionbridge Technologies Inc. E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Department: Machine Intelligence team
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com/
Job Title: Linguists: various languages
Job Rank: Linguist
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Syntax
Required Language(s): Arabic, Gulf (afb) Chinese, Mandarin (cmn) Chinese, Yue (yue) Croatian (hrv) Dutch (nld) Hebrew (heb) Indonesian (ind) Japanese (jpn) Kazakh (kaz) Korean (kor) Maori (mri) Marathi (mar) Romanian (ron) Tibetan (bod) Vietnamese (vie)
Join our multi-cultural team working on the cutting edge Machine Intelligence projects! We are looking for linguists native in Hebrew, Chinese Simplified and Traditional (Taiwan), Korean, Romanian, Croatian, Indonesian, Maori, Tibetan (China), Dutch, Japanese, Marathi, Vietnamese, Arabic (MSA) or Kazakh for our ongoing and future projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Linguistics
- Native language: Hebrew, Chinese Simplified and Traditional (Taiwan), Korean, Romanian, Croatian, Indonesian, Maori, Tibetan (China), Dutch, Japanese, Marathi, Vietnamese, Arabic (MSA) or Kazakh
- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Experience in language tools development
- Experience in annotation (POS)/syntax (grammar dependency) related work, phonetic transcription (IPA) are a plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Possibility to work part-time (around 30 hours/week) on freelance remote basis.
Miscellaneous projects on language tools development ( proofing tools, working with POS, syntactic dependencies, speech recognition, transcription (IPA) etc.)
Differs for different languages
Please send the application with the hourly rate request and your CV to the application email below.
Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer life cycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 28 countries
Application Deadline: 31-Oct-2018 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs.gsmi
Resource manager Elena Pirttisalo
Page Updated: 23-Jul-2018