LINGUIST List 29.3033
Mon Jul 30 2018
Jobs: Estonian; Latvian; Lithuanian; Maltese; Swedish; General Linguistics; Morphology: Consultant, Babelscape S.r.l.
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Roberto Navigli <jobs
Estonian; Latvian; Lithuanian; Maltese; Swedish; General Linguistics; Morphology: Consultant, Babelscape S.r.l., Rome, Italy E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Babelscape S.r.l.
Job Location: Rome, Italy (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://babelscape.com/
Job Title: Linguistic support for the creation of a morphological analyzer
Job Rank: Consultant; Linguist, Free-lance Language Expert
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Morphology
Required Language(s): Estonian (est) Latvian (lav) Lithuanian (lit) Maltese (mlt) Swedish (swe)
Job: Linguistic support for the creation of a morphological analyzer for a language
- Knowledge of the Office package or equivalent;
- Mother-tongue speaker of Maltese, Swedish, Latvian, Lithuanian or Estonian.
- Possible part-time schedule and/or work from home;
- Deadline: to be defined (October-December 2018)
- Identification of a reference book covering at least 7000 verbs and verbal models for a language;
- Structuring and compilation of verbal models conjugations;
- Association of the verbal lexicon of a language with the relevant models;
- Creation of a dataset of grammatical rules for the declension of names and adjectives;
- Creation of a list of functional/closed-class words;
- Validation of irregular exceptions in the context of open-class words;
- Correction of any errors generated by the morphological analyzer;
- Creation (or revision) of a gold-standard reference for a language;
For other languages and open positions, please check the URL: http://babelscape.com/job/linguistic-annotations
Who We Are:
Babelscape is a Sapienza startup company founded in 2016 focused on multilingual Natural Language Processing with the main goal of enabling multilinguality and text understanding in customers’ applications which deal with text in different ways. Thanks to technological transfer from the internationally renowned Natural Language Processing research group headed by prof. Roberto Navigli at the Sapienza University of Rome, winner of two European Research Council grants and of several international awards, we place ourselves on the market with very high professional profiles and the ability to tailor our solutions to the customers' needs.
The company's core mission is to overcome the language barriers by enabling the automatic processing of text independently of the input language, and distilling and aggregating the information extracted across languages by means of a unified large-scale multilingual knowledge repository and semantically-enhanced text comprehension systems.
Application Deadline: 15-Sep-2018 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs
Web Address for Applications: http://babelscape.com/jobs
Linguistic resource manager Marco Maru
Page Updated: 30-Jul-2018