LINGUIST List 29.3036
Mon Jul 30 2018
Calls: English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Translation/Italy
Editor for this issue: Kenneth Steimel <kenlinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Francesca Bianchi <francesca.bianchi
Specialised Discourse and Multimedia: Linguistic features and translation issues E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Specialised Discourse and Multimedia: Linguistic features and translation issues
Date: 14-Feb-2019 - 16-Feb-2019
Location: Lecce, Italy
Contact Person: Francesca Bianchi
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://specialiseddiscourse.wixsite.com/2019
Linguistic Field(s): Translation
Subject Language(s): English; French; Italian; Portuguese; Spanish
Call Deadline: 10-Sep-2018
This conference focusses on scientific and technical discourse and the ways in which it appears in or is shaped by multimedia products. The key-issues of the conference include (but are by no means limited to) the following:
- New multimodal or multimedia forms of specialised discourse (in institutional, academic, technical, scientific, social or popular settings)
- Linguistic features of specialised discourse in multimodal or multimedia genres
- The popularisation of specialised knowledge in multimodal or multimedia genres
- The impact of multimodality and multimediality on the construction of scientific and technical discourse
- The impact of multimodality/multimediality in the practice and teaching of interpreting
- The impact of multimodality/multimediality in the practice and teaching of translation
- New multimedia modes of knowledge dissemination
- The translation/adaptation of scientific discourse in multimedia products: challenges and solutions
- Diatechnical transpositions of specialized discourse.
Analytical approaches based on synchronic, diachronic and/or contrastive, intralinguistic, interlinguistic and intercultural perspectives (including: translation; transcreation; simplification) are all equally welcome. Studies on one or more of the working languages of the conference are particularly appreciated.
The working languages of the conference are English, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese.
Presentations will be allotted 20 minutes, plus 10 minutes for discussion.
2nd Call for Papers:
The deadline for submissions has been extended to 10 September.
Specialized discourse and multimedia conference - Lecce (Italy), 14-16 February 2019
Due to multiple requests, we have decided to extend the deadline for abstract submission to 10 September 2018.
Important dates are now as follows:
- 10 September 2018: Deadline for abstract submission
- by 20 September 2018: Notification of outcome of submission
- until 15 October 2018: Early-bird registration (€ 80)
- 16 October – 10 December 2018: standard registration (€ 100)
- On-site payments: € 120
Please notice that after 10 December registration is still possible, but payments by bank transfer will no longer be accepted. Those registering after 10 December will have to pay cash on site.
Submissions should be directed to francesca.bianchi
unisalento.it. In the object line of the message please enter “ABSTRACT SUBMISSION”.
The required format for submissions is an abstract of 300-500 words (excluding references), possibly in MS/word format.
Please do not include any self-identifying information on the abstract; indicate only the title and the abstract itself. On a separate cover sheet, please specify:
Postal mailing address (for primary author):
E-mail (for primary author):
Telephone (for primary author):
For more information, please see the CFP details on the conference website: http://specialiseddiscourse.wixsite.com/2019
Live updates on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/specialisedDiscourseLecce/
Page Updated: 30-Jul-2018