LINGUIST List 29.3053
Tue Jul 31 2018
Jobs: General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics: Teaching Fellow, University College Dublin
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Máire Ní Chiosáin <maire.nichiosain
General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics: Teaching Fellow, University College Dublin, Ireland E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University College Dublin
Department: School of Languages, Cultures & Linguistics
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Web Address: http://www.ucd.ie/slcl/
Job Title: Teaching Fellow
Job Rank: Other; Teaching Fellow
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics
Applications are invited for a Teaching Fellow in Linguistics in the UCD School of Languages, Cultures & Linguistics for initially 10 months with the possibility of an extension.
The appointee will take on duties in delivery and assessment of modules in the general areas of Sociolinguistics as well as other areas of general Linguistics within the BA programme.
The duties of the successful candidate will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Contribute to teaching programmes at all undergraduate levels
- Participate in assessment at all undergraduate levels
- Contribute to the administration of teaching and assessment
- Assist in the development and enhancement of teaching, particularly in the development of technological supports
- Undertake such other appropriate duties as directed by the Head of School in line with the contract of employment.
Candidates must have:
- PhD in Linguistics.
- Evidence of proven ability to deliver and assess undergraduate modules in Sociolinguistics as well as General Linguistics modules
- Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills.
- University teaching qualification or demonstrable evidence of continuous professional development in university teaching and learning.
- Interest in the development of technological support, including teaching and learning materials for all areas of Linguistics.
- Interest in the organisation of extra-curricular, outreach and public educational and cultural activities.
- Evidence of teaching innovation, for example the use of digital technologies.
To apply, please see the application link below.
Application Deadline: 13-Aug-2018
Web Address for Applications: https://bit.ly/1gktVf2
Professor Bettina Migge
Page Updated: 31-Jul-2018