LINGUIST List 29.3065
Wed Aug 01 2018
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Semantics: Programmer, Kauz Linguistic Technologies
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Marina Lukin <marina.lukin
Computational Linguistics; Semantics: Programmer, Kauz Linguistic Technologies, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Kauz Linguistic Technologies
Job Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Web Address: https://kauz.net
Job Title: Lead Developer for Semantic Parsing
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Parsing
We are a startup from Düsseldorf and an emerging leader in language-based AI. Our product focus is on "Chatbots that understand". Our long-term goal is to develop digital agents with very broad and almost human-like communication capabilities. Because of our strong focus on NLU, we are looking to expand our team with the addition of a lead developer for semantic parsing.
You are the ideal candidate if you fulfill the following requirements:
- You have finished your Master's degree or a Ph.D. in linguistics, computational linguistics or a similar subject
- You have worked with different parse techniques, ontologies and frame based analysis
- You have a deep understanding in linguistic theory, especially in the area of semantics
- You have used different methods to handle morphology, autocorrection and named entity recognition
- You have a reasonably good command of an object-oriented programming language, preferably Java (having worked with the NLTK is not enough)
- You are eager to apply your knowledge and ideas to real-world challenges, in a comprehensive way
- Your German is at least at the B2-level
We are a team of highly motivated linguists, computational linguists, and computer scientists. We value team-work and the ability to move things forward and provide fresh solutions. Agile project management, close cooperation with colleagues, and flexible time-planning are characteristics of our working environment. An employee participation program underlines our orientation towards results achieved together.
If this sounds good to you, don't hesitate to send your CV to the application email address below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs
Page Updated: 01-Aug-2018