LINGUIST List 29.3122
Wed Aug 08 2018
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, Guilin University of Technology
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Guilin University of Technology <2017135
English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, Guilin University of Technology, China E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Guilin University of Technology
Department: School of Foreign Studies
Job Location: Guilin, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
Web Address: http://www.glut.edu.cn/
Job Title: Assistant professor
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Language Pedagogy; TEFL
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The School of Foreign Studies at Guilin University of Technology (www.glut.edu.cn
) invites qualified applicants to apply for assistant professor positions in the areas of linguistics and applied linguistics.
We seek candidates with teaching expertise and research scholarship in English language teaching and linguistics studies. Expertise in one or more of the following areas (theoretical linguistics, language teaching, psycholinguistics, cognitive linguistics, corpus linguistics and other interdisciplinary studies of language and linguistics) as well as experience with teaching core English language skills for academic and professional purposes (e.g., business, tourism, management, engineering) will be an asset. The successful applicants will be expected to teach courses primarily at the undergraduate level. Graduate level teaching may occur depending on departmental needs.
Applicants must have:
- A PhD in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or Second/Foreign Language Teaching and Learning by the date of application.
- Demonstrated expertise with pedagogical innovation (e.g., blended learning, pedagogical technologies, flipped classrooms)
- Native or near-native English proficiency for teaching and research.
- Excellent and demonstrated self-management skills, ability and willingness to work in a team
- Pleasant life and job in a top ranked beautiful city in China
- Hard-working and intelligent students to teach
- Great team to work with
- Competitive salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience
Interested applicants please send the following materials to Professor Kelin Quan at the application email provided below:
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes work experience, qualifications, teaching experience, research accomplishments. A full list of publications in APA format should be included.
- A statement of teaching philosophy and experience, evidence of teaching excellence (if applicable).
- A statement of research interests
- Names, addresses, and email addresses of 2 academic referees
For enquiries, interested applicants may contact Professor Kelin Quan, Director of the School of Foreign Studies, at the contact information provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
Professor Kelin Quan
Email Address for Applications: quankelin
Professor Kelin Quan
Page Updated: 08-Aug-2018