LINGUIST List 29.3149
Fri Aug 10 2018
Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Language Testing Specialist, Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL)
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Don Oben <doben
Applied Linguistics: Language Testing Specialist, Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL), USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL)
Job Location: , USA
Web Address: http://www.cal.org/
Job Title: Language Testing Specialist
Job Rank: Language Testing Specialist
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Language Testing Specialist develops test items for English language assessments for K-12 English Language Learners (ELLs).
- Evaluate, review and write test materials and documents, including providing feedback to team members on test item development.
- Review and revise items for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Communicate and collaborate within and across teams throughout the test development process.
- Adhere to quality control procedures for test items.
- Prepare and maintain files and records (summary report, electronic notes, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Write and revise test item specifications.
- Assist with internal and external reviews.
- Write and refine graphics descriptions to support student comprehension in test items.
- Evaluate and track changes to graphics for content accuracy and grade-level appropriateness.
- Coordinate item development tasks of external consultants to ensure timely delivery of test items.
- Maintain test item database.
- Organize and execute answer key checks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, in a related field, with at least two (2) years of relevant experience; or
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university, in a related field.
- Experience working with K-12 English Language Learners (ELLs).
- Experience teaching English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Experience developing English as a Second Language (ESL) / English as a Foreign Language (EFL) tests for K-12 students.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Attention to detail with strong oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of a language other than English preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe CS6 InDesign and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work well within a team.
If Interested in Applying for this Position:
Please email résumé and cover letter to the application email below as a single attachment (PDF or word doc). Be sure to reference “18-05 Language Testing Specialist” in the subject line of the email message.Cover letter should be addressed to Justin Kelly, PhD – Test Development Manager.
Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2018
Email Address for Applications: jobs
CAL Human Resources
Page Updated: 10-Aug-2018