LINGUIST List 29.3250
Thu Aug 23 2018
Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Scientist, Duolingo, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Bozena Pajak <bozena
Spanish; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Scientist, Duolingo, Inc., USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Duolingo, Inc.
Department: Learning Sciences
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: https://www.duolingo.com
Job Title: Learning Scientist / Spanish Expert, PhD
Job Rank: Scientist
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Spanish Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Help improve how millions of people learn languages on Duolingo.
We are looking for a second language acquisition expert with sizeable experience teaching Spanish who has a vision for how Duolingo can teach better. You will join Duolingo’s learning sciences team and support our efforts to advance Duolingo’s mission through science.
- Work side by side with talented researchers, designers, engineers, and product managers to bring research-informed product features to life
- Design curricula for Duolingo’s Spanish courses
- Propose new exercises and features that will improve the learning experience
- Create specific course content in Spanish
- Help create assessment tools to measure how Duolingo users learn
- Design research studies to assess the effectiveness of Duolingo and perform data analysis
- PhD in SLA, linguistics, cognitive psychology, or a related field
- Research expertise in second language acquisition
- Skills in experimental design and data analysis
- Native fluency in Spanish
- Experience teaching Spanish as a second language
- Experience creating language curricula
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Strong publication record in linguistics, learning sciences, or a related field
- High proficiency in and experience teaching both Spanish and English
- Working proficiency in French, German, or Italian
Please submit applications to the application link provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://bit.ly/2OZhKJE
Page Updated: 23-Aug-2018