LINGUIST List 29.3390
Wed Sep 05 2018
Calls: Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics/Nepal
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Karna Kathiwada <linguisticsocietynepal
39th Annual Conference of Linguistic Society of Nepal E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 39th Annual Conference of Linguistic Society of Nepal
Short Title: LSN
Date: 26-Nov-2018 - 27-Nov-2018
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Contact Person: Karna Kathiwada
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://lsn.org.np/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 20-Sep-2018
Linguistic Society of Nepal (LSN) organizes an annual conference on 26 - 27 of November every year. The conference is one of the major activities of the Society which provides a platform for those who have been working on different aspects of languages. LSN has been organizing the annual conferences since 1979 unfailingly bringing various linguists and practitioners together from home and abroad concentrating on the studies of Nepalese languages.
There will be oral presentation and poster presentation sessions.
Call for Papers:
You are requested to submit an abstract and full presentation for the conference papers on theoretical, descriptive, interdisciplinary, or applied aspects of language studies in the following or any other relevant topics of linguistics:
- Semantics and lexical studies
- Historical linguistics
- Anthropological linguistics
- Language contact and linguistic typology
- Applied linguistics
- Indigenous languages and identity
- Corpus and computational linguistics
- Cognitive linguistics
- Natural language processing
- Language teaching
- Language policy and planning
- Discourse analysis
- Language and technology
- Ethnolinguistics and language ideology
- Language documentation
- Translation studies
- Language, power and politics
- Language and tourism
- Mother-tongue and multilingual education
- Any other relevant areas
The details of the abstract and full presentation or poster presentation are as follows:
1. An abstract contains 150-200 words exactly including examples and references (the title and author information will not be counted in this word limit).
2. The title should be followed by the name of the author/authors, author's affiliation, address, email and phone number (mobile phone number preferred).
3. The abstract should contain the information about the data, methodology and findings of the research (but no separate headings).
4. The paper should be in English or Nepali. For English medium paper, the abstract should be in English in Roman script; and for Nepali medium paper, it should be in Nepali in Devanagari Unicode.
5. Examples from other languages, in English medium paper, should be presented in IPA Unicode. Other scripts can also be used in the example if it is necessary, however it should be in Unicode.
6. Abstract should be both in the MS Word and PDF format.
7. Submit electronic copy of abstract via email to linguisticsocietynepal
The accepted abstracts will be included in the abstracts and program booklet after registration process has been completed.
Page Updated: 05-Sep-2018