LINGUIST List 29.3432
Fri Sep 07 2018
Calls: General Linguistics, Ling & Literature, Sociolinguistics/Costa Rica
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Walter Araya <walter.arayagarita
International Conference of Modern Languages E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: International Conference of Modern Languages
Short Title: ELM
Date: 10-Dec-2018 - 12-Dec-2018
Location: San Jose, Costa Rica
Contact Person: Francisco Guevara
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.congresolenguas.ucr.ac.cr
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics
Call Deadline: 28-Sep-2018
The School of Modern Languages at the University of Costa Rica, will host its VI International Congress, titled “Encounter of Languages, Literature, and Diverse Subjectivities”, which will be held at the School's facilities from December 10 to December 12. Such an event will explore a variety of topics in the areas of linguistics, literature, foreign language instruction, literary theory and criticism, cultural studies, technology in the foreign language classroom, and translation and interpretation, among others.
We kindly invite academics, researchers, instructors, national and international postgraduate students who are interested in the aforementioned topics to participate in this congress.
Call for Papers:
To successfully register a lecture or workshop in the VI International Congress of Modern Languages, you must send an abstract that adheres to the following requisites. The proposals that do not comply with these specifications might be accepted but are not going to be included in the congress proceedings.
Step 1. Proposal submission. (Deadline: Friday, September 28th, 2018)
1. The abstract must be concise and state the objective of the paper clearly. Its length must range from 300 words to 500 words and printed in Times New Roman 12-point font size.
2. The proposal must be submitted in the language in which the presentation will be delivered.
3. The document must include all the bibliographical references used or a preliminary list of these.
4. The title should not be longer than 2 lines and must clearly address the theme or main idea of the paper/research.
5. The contribution of the paper/research within the field of study must be clearly stated. Papers focused on literary studies must have a clear theoretical approach. Applied linguistics abstracts must follow the criteria below:
a) a short paragraph that describes the theoretical framework of the paper/research
b) rationale and research question
c) a brief description of the methodological approach employed
d) a brief summary of the obtained results
6. All submitted papers must be original.
7. Proposals must be sent to congreso.elm
ucr.ac.cr by attaching a file in .doc (Microsoft Office Word) or .odt (OpenOffice Write) format.
8. Include a brief biography of the author after the list of bibliographical references. This personal information must include: the presenter's full name and degree, academic affiliation, academic achievements, and published works. Note: submitted papers that do not include the author's personal information are going to be rejected.
For the full Call for Papers visit: http://www.congresolenguas.ucr.ac.cr/index.php?p=14
Page Updated: 07-Sep-2018