LINGUIST List 29.3450
Sat Sep 08 2018
Confs: Cog Sci, Lang Acquisition, Neuroling, Psycholing/USA
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
brady dailey <daileyba
43rd Boston University Conference on Language Development E-mail this message to a friend
43rd Boston University Conference on Language Development
Short Title: BUCLD
Date: 02-Nov-2018 - 04-Nov-2018
Location: Boston MA, USA
Contact: Paul Hagstron
Contact Email: < click here to access email >
Meeting URL: http://www.bu.edu/bucld/
Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics
The 43rd Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development will be held November 2-4, 2018.
Since 1976, BUCLD has been organized by graduate students in Boston University’s Linguistics Program. With years of student work and the help of faculty advisors, the conference has become one of the largest international gatherings of linguists, psychologists, and other researchers of language acquisition and development.
Keynote speaker: Ann Senghas (Barnard College)
Plenary speaker: Johanne Paradis (University of Alberta)
Student Workshop speaker: Christina Bergmann (Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics)
New This Year!!! The Student Workshop will be held on Thursday November 1 following the Society for Language Development Symposium at 6:30pm, with refreshments available starting at 6:00pm!
Saturday symposium: “A developmental, individual-differences perspective on processing of and learning from accented speech”!
- Rochelle Newman (University of Maryland): “Toddlers’ accommodation of accent: Acoustic and experiential factors”
- Margarita Kaushanskaya (University of Wisconsin – Madison): “Effects of bilingualism on children’s processing of accented speech”
- Melissa Baese-Berk (University of Oregon): “Individual differences in perception of non-native speech”
Sunday symposium: “Addressing the putative ‘word gap’: Approaches to early language interventions”
- Roberta M. Golinkoff (University of Delaware) & Kathy Hirsh-Pasek (Temple University): “Helping children learn language: Why bother?”
- Meredith L. Rowe (Harvard University Graduate School of Education): “Pointing to success: A home-based intervention for parents of infants”
- Rebecca M. Alper (Temple University): “The Duet Project: A community-based home-visiting partnership”
- Rachel R. Romeo (Boston Children’s Hospital & Massachusetts Institute of Technology): “The FACT Project: A school-based program for elementary-age families”
Pre-registration will be available by late September.
For a full program visit: http://www.bu.edu/bucld/conference-info/schedule/
For general information please visit our website: http://www.bu.edu/bucld/
Also, the Society for Language Development Symposium will be held Thursday November 1 from 1-6pm. This year’s topic will be: “Understanding other minds: Insights from animal cognition, human development and language.” For more information please see their website: http://web.sas.upenn.edu/societyforlanguagedevelopment/symposium/
Page Updated: 08-Sep-2018