LINGUIST List 29.3452
Sat Sep 08 2018
Calls: Chinese, Mandarin; Ling & Literature, Translation/China
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Tyler Tsui <ccgc
Chinese Culture in the Global Context International Conference 2019 E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Chinese Culture in the Global Context International Conference 2019
Short Title: CCGC Conference 2019
Date: 13-Mar-2019 - 15-Mar-2019
Location: Hong Kong, China
Contact Person: Tyler Tsui
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://bit.ly/ouhk-ccgc2019
Linguistic Field(s): Ling & Literature; Translation
Subject Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin
Call Deadline: 19-Oct-2018
Chinese Culture in the 21st Century and its Global Dimensions
The global impact of China lies as much in its soft cultural power as in its economic growth. Hence, the teaching of Chinese language, literature, history, philosophy, communication, film and art cannot be isolated from an understanding of the internationalization of Chinese culture in recent decades. With this in view, this conference will be organized to serve as a platform to promote the sharing of research ideas and the dissemination of research findings on Chinese culture in the 21st century and its global dimension.
Aims and Objectives:
1. Explore the contemporary significance of Chinese culture in its philosophical, literary and artistic manifestations
2. Investigate how Chinese culture has been taught and studied in different parts of the world, particularly in East Asia, Southeast Asia, Europe, and North America
3. Facilitate the study of the increasingly important role that Chinese culture plays in the global world
Call for Papers:
We welcome submissions that include, but not limited to, the following:
1. Chinese studies (culture, philosophy, history and literature) as an academic discipline in the West
2. Chinese culture in the 21st century world
3. Global Chinese literature
4. the translations of Chinese culture in the West
5. Chinese drama and Western stage art
6. Chinese film in the global context
7. The reinterpretations of Chinese culture in Mainland China in the 21st century
8. Innovative ways of studying and researching Chinese humanities
9. The influx of Western methods and ideas and the growth of new forms of culture in China
10. The rise of cultural industries in China and new forms of Chinese culture
11. The reception of Chinese culture, traditional and contemporary, in academia in the West and other parts of Asia
* Selected papers will be considered for publication.
Languages of presentation:
Presentations can be made in English, Putonghua or Cantonese.
Abstract Submission Guideline:
The abstract should give a good description of the aims and key points of the paper to be presented. The submission should be no more than 300 words and it should follow the abstract style guide on the conference website. The author(s) should provide: (1) the title of the paper; (2) the name(s) of the author(s); (3) author affiliation(s); and (4) keywords (at least three and no more than six).
Full Paper Submission Guideline (if applicable) :
For those who would like to be considered for peer-reviewed publication, please submit your full paper to ccgc
ouhk.edu.hk by 1 February 2019. The submission should be 4,000 to 8,000 words (excluding references) and it should follow the full paper style guide on the conference website.
Submission of abstracts to the conference can be made by sending the file to the conference email. Submission files sent through the email should be in Microsoft Word format. The filename and the subject line of the email should be ''CCGC2019Abstract_Your Name''.
Please refer to the conference website for details.
Page Updated: 08-Sep-2018