LINGUIST List 29.3523
Thu Sep 13 2018
Jobs: Historical Linguistics: Associate/Full Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Shoichi Takahashi <s_takahashi
Historical Linguistics: Associate/Full Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo, Japan E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Aoyama Gakuin University
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Tokyo, Japan
Web Address: http://www.cl.aoyama.ac.jp/english/
Job Title: Professor of Linguistics (History of English)
Job Rank: Associate Professor; Full Professor
Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics
Application Procedures for a position in the Department of English of Aoyama Gakuin University (History of English)
Rank: Associate Professor or Professor
Number of positions: 1
Research fields: Philology or Diachronic English Linguistics (Old English, Middle English, Modern English, or history of English)
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree, or a master’s degree and substantial research experience.
- If applicants’ native language is not Japanese, they must have enough Japanese ability to enable them to carry out all university duties.
- No age specification
- Applicants must be sympathetic to the founding spirit of our university.
Undergraduate and graduate-level English language classes and specialized subjects (including lectures and seminars on the history of English or English linguistics, other related courses, and thesis supervision). There is also a possibility of teaching classes in English that are part of our PESE program. For the PESE program, please see the following site.
Appointment starting date: April 1, 2020
Departmental affiliation: Department of English, College of Literature
Location: Aoyama Campus, Shibuya, Tokyo
Terms and conditions: Based on Aoyama Gakuin Employment Rules and Aoyama Gakuin Payroll Rules
Application procedure, selection process, etc.:
- Curriculum vitae with recent photograph
- List of research achievements and teaching experiences
- Three representative publications (please submit three copies of each). If a paper is written in English, it must be accompanied by an approximately 400 letter Japanese summary. If it is written in Japanese, it must be accompanied by an approximately 200 word English summary.
- Official documents certifying acquisition of degrees (please submit one copy for each degree held)
Application submission destination:
Chair of the Department of English
Aoyama Gakuin University
4-4-25 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8366 Japan
Please note, “English Linguistics (the History of English) application material enclosed” must be written in red on the envelope, and the materials must be sent by registered mail. Application materials will not be returned.
Application deadline: December 3, 2018 (Monday)
After initial screening of application materials, a second screening by interview will be conducted. At the second screening, two letters of recommendation must be submitted to the address above in advance of the interview day.
Notification of selection results:
After the selection process is completed, applicants will be notified. All applications will be kept strictly confidential.
For any further inquiries, please contact
Aoyama Gakuin University School Affairs Section (College of Literature) Chizuko Kobayashi (tel: +81-3-3409-9527; e-mail address: search_ling2020
Application Deadline: 03-Dec-2018
Mailing Address for Applications:
Chair Department of English Mitsue Tamai-Allen
Aoyama Gakuin University
4-4-25 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku,
Aoyama Gakuin University Chizuko Kobayashi
Page Updated: 13-Sep-2018