LINGUIST List 29.3525
Thu Sep 13 2018
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Scientist, Accenture
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Aaron Toner <aaron.toner
Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Scientist, Accenture, Dublin, Ireland E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Accenture
Department: Analytics / AI
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Web Address: https://www.accenture.com
Job Title: NLP - Senior Data Scientist
Job Rank: Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Job Title: Senior Data Scientist - NLP
Accenture, The Dock
We are looking for a Natural Language Processing (NLP) Consultant to join our growing Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) Team. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
What you’ll be doing:
The Analytics & AI team within the Dock applies leading Analytics & Artifical Intelligence (AI) technologies and techniques to address significant real-world business and societal challenges. Collaborating with our clients, designers, software enegineers and business subject matter experts, we take concepts and applications on the journey from idea to reality.
As an NLP Consultant you will:
- Work in teams delivering innovative Analytics & AI projects; ranging from research, proofs-of-concept to the delivery of real-world applications for our clients
- Be a deep hands-on practitioner, developing applications using core text analytics technologies including NLP, Information Extraction, Information Retrieval, Concept Extraction and Ontology Engineering.
- Follow best practice in text and language-based Analytics & AI technical delivery, methods and approaches.
- Participate in workshops & design sprints to identify breakthrough ideas, concepts and solutions to business problems.
- Embrace working in multi-discplinary teams and collaborate with designers, software developers, business experts and Accenture teams external to the Dock.
- Lead and mentor junior team members in their technical and professional development.
- Understand the key technology trends in the Analytics & AI domain, the business implications, and be able to match the future opportunities of those to the current and emerging challenges of our clients
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Applying your deep technical expertise to solve problems and develop new solution offerings for our business and our clients.
- Bringing deep experience in developing NLP-based systems, using standard frameworks, toolkits and libraries.
- Demonstrating good understanding of the potential utility, limitations and challenges of a wide range of NLP techniques and keeping abreast of new developments in academic research and industry.
- Being responsible for shaping, owning and delivering complex Advanced Analytics applications and experiments and being responsible for their business value and measures of success.
- Leading teams and nurturing new skills and capabilities in these teams
- Interacting, collaborating and sharing experiences with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds.
- Presenting to and interacting client and business stakeholders, clearly articulating and communicating Analytics & AI concepts, solutions and value to non-technical audiences.
- Contributing to the growth and development of the Analytics & AI capability and community in the Dock, outside immediate projects.
- Contributing to steering and shaping the development of the Innovation pipeline in Analytics & AI at the Dock, both in terms of new technologies, new approaches and methods and in terms of business applications.
To apply, please send your CV to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: aaron.toner
Mr Aaron Toner
Page Updated: 13-Sep-2018