LINGUIST List 29.3526
Thu Sep 13 2018
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Scientist, Accenture
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Aaron Toner <aaron.toner
Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Scientist, Accenture, Dublin, Ireland E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Accenture
Department: Analytics / AI
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Web Address: https://www.accenture.com
Job Title: NLP - Analytics Principal
Job Rank: Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Job Title: The Dock – NLP - Analytics Principal
We are looking for a Natural Language Processing (NLP) Manager to join our Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) team. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
What You'll Be Doing:
The Analytics & AI team within the Dock applies leading Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies and techniques to address significant real-world business and societal challenges. Collaborating with our clients, designers, software engineers and business subject matter experts, we take concepts and applications on the journey from idea to reality.
As an NLP Manager you will:
- Lead teams to deliver innovative Analytics & AI projects (majoring in NLP); ranging from research, proofs of concept to the delivery of real-world applications for our clients.
- Be capable of being a hands-on practitioner, getting into the technical detail when required.
- Coach and guide teams in Analytics & AI technical delivery, methods and approaches
- Participate in and guide workshops & design sprints to identify breakthrough ideas or concepts that bring the transformative impact of Analytics & AI to bear on real-world problems
- Embrace working in multi-disciplinary teams and collaborate with designers, software developers, business experts and Accenture teams external to the Dock.
- Mentor junior team members in their technical and professional development
- Understand the key technology trends in the Analytics & AI domain, the business implications, and be able to match the future opportunities of those to the current and emerging challenges of our clients
- Actively contribute to the leadership, direction and strategic vision and roadmap of Analytics & AI team within the Dock.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Applying your understanding of leading NLP vendor solutions, being able to quickly and realistically assess new solution offerings
- Bringing deep experience in developing NLP Advanced Analytics solutions, using standard frameworks, toolkits and libraries
- Demonstrating good understanding of the potential utility, limitations and challenges of a wide range of NLP techniques and keeping abreast of new developments in academic research and industry applications
- Acting as an interface towards senior stakeholders in the business to define and co-shape advanced analytics innovation opportunities
- Applying your experience in project framing & valuation of advanced analytics opportunities – calculating costs vs benefits across each of the project’s phases
- Steering and shaping the development of the Innovation pipeline around NLP advanced analytics (both in terms of new technologies and in terms of business applications)
- Managing the performance and reporting of progress of your projects as they move through the pipeline
- Being responsible for successful handover of your successful PoCs to the transition teams in other parts of the Accenture business
- Learning new skills and nurturing new capabilities in your project teams to take advantage of emerging NLP technologies
To apply, please send your CV to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: aaron.toner
Mr Aaron Toner
Page Updated: 13-Sep-2018