LINGUIST List 29.3554
Mon Sep 17 2018
Jobs: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics: Post Doc, Johns Hopkins University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Paul Smolensky <smolensky
Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics: Post Doc, Johns Hopkins University, Maryland, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Johns Hopkins University
Department: Cognitive Science
Job Location: Maryland, USA
Web Address: http://cogsci.jhu.edu/
Job Title: Training postdocs in deep learning for computational linguistics
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics
Training in deep neural network modeling is available through two postdoctoral research positions. The focus is on research integrating neural and symbolic methods for computational linguistics and AI, in collaboration with researchers at Johns Hopkins University and Microsoft Research AI.
Applicants need not have experience with neural network modeling but should have:
- Background in a topic-relevant area such as language, reasoning, or other AI domain, and
- General technical experience in computing, and a readiness to commit to quickly getting up to speed in the practice of deep learning research within an intellectually stimulating environment of researchers working on related problems.
Candidates will need to have in hand a PhD in a relevant field upon starting a postdoctoral position at a mutually-agreed upon date.
Applications will be considered as they are received until the positions are filled. Applications should be sent to the application email provided below.
PLEASE NOTE that an application will consist of:
- A letter explaining the applicant’s interests in deep learning, and in particular in neural/symbolic approaches, relevant knowledge and skills that the candidate would bring to research in this area, as well as the training they seek to obtain from the position;
- A research statement;
- A CV with links to publications; and
- The names, affiliations and email addresses of 3 referees who may be contacted by the search committee.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: GSCpostdoc
Prof. Paul Smolensky
Page Updated: 17-Sep-2018