LINGUIST List 29.3657
Mon Sep 24 2018
Jobs: Phonetics; Phonology: Phonetician, Lionbridge Technologies Inc
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2018
28 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Sofia Hirvonen <sofia.hirvonen
Phonetics; Phonology: Phonetician, Lionbridge Technologies Inc E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Department: Machine Intelligence team
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Phoneticians: misc. languages
Job Rank: Phonetician
Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology
Required Language(s): Danish (dan) English (eng) French (fra) German (deu) Gujarati (guj) Hebrew (heb) Kannada (kan) Norwegian Bokmål (nob) Tagalog (tgl)
- Phonetic and phonemic transcription,
- Phonetic annotation,
- Review of pronunciation rules and alike
Schedule: misc. projects: short-term to 3-5 months, to be confirmed later
Availability required: part-time
- Danish (da_DK),
- Norwegian (nb_NO),
- French (fr_CA or fr_FR),
- German (de_DE),
- English (en_GB),
- Hebrew (he_IL),
- Tagalog (tl_PH),
- Gujarati (gu_IN),
- Kannada (kn_IN)
- BA or MA in linguistics, phonetics or speech science.
- Experience or course work with phonetic transcription for native language.
- Ability to consider alternative pronunciations for major regional differences of locale.
- Quickly grasp given phone set and transcription conventions to provide consistent transcriptions with a team of phoneticians.
- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Proved experience with IPA/SAMPA/X-SAMPA
- Excellent English skills, other language skills
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities
To apply for this position:
Please send us your complete resume in English to the application email address below. Please include:
- Your availability for the upcoming 5 months
- Earliest start date
- Hourly rate expectations
If your native language is not on the list but you would like to be considered for our projects, please send us an open application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2018 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs.gsmi
Resource Coordinator Sofia Hirvonen
Page Updated: 24-Sep-2018