LINGUIST List 29.3778
Tue Oct 02 2018
Jobs: Spanish; Translation: Assistant Professor, University of Nevada, Reno
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Casilde Isabelli <isabelli
Spanish; Translation: Assistant Professor, University of Nevada, Reno, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Nevada, Reno
Department: World Languages & Literatures
Job Location: Nevada, USA
Web Address: https://www.unr.edu/world-languages
Job Title: Spanish Translation/Interpretation Studies
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Translation; Cultural Studies or Literature or Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
The Department of World Languages and Literatures at the University of Nevada, Reno invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in Spanish at the rank of assistant professor to start Fall of 2019. Primary area of specialization in Translation/Interpretation Studies with a secondary specialization in cultural studies, linguistics, literature, or a related field. This position carries a 2/3 course load per academic year.
- Teach all levels of Spanish, especially upper-division and graduate-level courses in translation and related areas of specialties, as well as advise and evaluate students at the graduate and undergraduate level.
- Redesign the curriculum in translation studies that feeds into the Spanish Through the Professions undergraduate track such as: Problems of Translation/Interpretation for Professions in Spanish, Spanish Grammar and Stylistics for the Professions, Localization, and Public Service Interpreting and Translating.
- Demonstrate an ability to engage in rigorous research and promise for future research.
- Engage in service-related activities of the department, college, university, community, and profession.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English.
Ph.D. in Spanish or equivalent specialty in hand by July 30, 2019 with a primary concentration or experience in Translation/Interpretation Studies and a secondary specialization in cultural studies, linguistics, literature, or a related field.
- Teaching experience and/or research expertise in Translation Studies (such as translation theory & practice, localization, public service interpreting).
- A record of excellence in teaching Spanish courses at the college or university level.
- Experience and/or knowledge of technological advances in the field.
- Media studies and/or familiarity with translation software.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues; teach and mentor a wide and diverse range of students.
Please attach the following documents to your application. Please contact jobs
unr.edu, the day you apply, if assistance is needed with attachments:
- Resume/Vita that includes the names, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references.
- Cover letter outlining your qualifications, teaching experience and philosophy, and research agenda.
- A brief statement (one page maximum) about how you would contribute toward a mission of creating a culturally inclusive environment in the role for which you are applying.
- Unofficial transcripts.
- Finalists will be asked to provide recent teaching evaluations and an audiovisual recording of a teaching demonstration.
Please see the job ad at the application link provided below for more information and to apply.
Application Deadline: 22-Oct-2018 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UNR-external/job/University-of-Nevada-Reno---Main-Campus/Assistant-Professor--Spanish---Translation-Interpretation-Studies_R0112023-1
Dr. Darrell Lockhart
Page Updated: 02-Oct-2018