LINGUIST List 29.3868
Mon Oct 08 2018
Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of South Florida
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Claudine Boniec <cboniec
Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of South Florida, Tampa, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of South Florida
Department: World Languages
Job Location: Florida, USA
Web Address: http://languages.usf.edu/
Job Title: Assistant Professor, Applied Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
The Department of World Languages at the University of South Florida is seeking candidates for an appointment to a nine-month tenure track position in Applied Linguistics at the rank of Assistant Professor, effective August 07, 2019. The department seeks candidates whose research connects productively with current issues in the field. Salary negotiable.
- Teach courses at the graduate and undergraduate level in the areas of applied linguistics/linguistics.
- Conduct, present, and publish research and engage in other professional activities.
- Mentor graduate students.
- Participate actively in program management of the B.A. in World Languages and Cultures (Applied Linguistics Concentration), the M.A. in Applied Linguistics and the Ph.D. in Linguistics and Applied Language Studies.
- Participate in governance in the department, college, and university.
- Doctorate in Applied Linguistics, Linguistics, or closely related field by August 7, 2019;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Experience teaching applied linguistics/linguistics courses;
- Publication record which indicates active research and scholarship;
- Proficiency in at least one foreign language.
- Demonstrated success in teaching graduate and/or undergraduate applied linguistics courses
- Ability to seek external funding for research and/or program development
- Record of service to appropriate professional organizations
- Experience serving on doctoral dissertation committees
- Experience in program management and leadership
To apply, please see the application link provided below. Job ID: 18605. Application materials include:
- A current CV
- Cover letter
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., course evaluations)
- A sample publication
- Three letters of recommendation.
According to Florida Law, applications and meetings regarding them are open to the public. For ADA accommodations, please contact Claudine Boniec at either the contact phone number or email address below at least five working days prior to need. USF is an Equal Opportunity Institution.
Application Deadline: 07-Nov-2018
Web Address for Applications: https://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/
Ms. Claudine Boniec
Page Updated: 08-Oct-2018