LINGUIST List 29.3921
Wed Oct 10 2018
FYI: One-month Fellowships at Innsbruck University
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Matthias Hoernes <fsp-kultur
One-month Fellowships at Innsbruck University E-mail this message to a friend
The research area ''Cultural Encounters – Cultural Conflicts'' at Innsbruck University offers, together with the International Relations Office, three one month research residency fellowships for PhD students and Postdocs from May 1–31, 2019.
The research area “Cultural Encounters – Cultural Conflicts” engages in interdisciplinary discussions about multilingualism, including perspectives from literature studies, cultural studies, linguistics, history, and didactics. The fellowships are aimed at PhD students and Postdocs in any of those disciplines whose research project focuses on multilingualism.
Fellows will be included in the ongoing interdisciplinary discussions among researchers affiliated with the research area. During the month of the fellowship, guest professor Till Dembeck (Luxemburg University) and Writer-in-Residence Cécile Wajsbrot (Berlin/Paris) will join these conversations. A dedicated session of the “Multilingualism Colloquium” will allow fellows to start productive conversations early on in their stay. Towards the end of their fellowship, the fellows will present their projects in a workshop tailored to maximize interdisciplinary feedback and discussion. In addition, several public events on multilingualism are scheduled for the fellowship month. Fellows may also contribute to ongoing courses and seminars.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 400 € within the EU and up to 800 € from outside the EU. For the fellowship month, a stipend of up to 1.000 € will be paid to offset accommodation and other costs. Fellows will be offered support with their search for accommodation.
- (Equivalent of an) MA degree or a PhD.
- Research project that focusses on multilingualism, e.g. within literature studies, cultural studies, linguistics, history, or didactics.
- Interest in contributing actively to interdisciplinary discussions
- Very good knowledge of German (C1)
- Accident and Health Insurance
Required Application Documents:
- Project Proposal (5–10 pages) including timeline for the fellowship month
- Copy of relevant diplomas
- For PhD students: Letter of reference
- for the research area “Cultural Encounters – Cultural Conflicts”: https://www.uibk.ac.at/fsp-kultur/index.html.en
- for the “Multilingualism Colloquium”: https://www.uibk.ac.at/fsp-kultur/veranstaltungsreihen/kolloquium-mehrsprachigkeit.html.en
- for the research center “Cultures in Contact”: https://www.uibk.ac.at/kik/
- for the Writer in Residence program: https://www.uibk.ac.at/writer-in-residence/index.html.en
Please submit the application documents – if possible as one pdf file – via email to fsp-kultur
uibk.ac.at by November 15, 2018. For further questions please write to the same email address.
Fellows are obligated to submit a short written report at the end of their stay at Innsbruck University. The fellowship can only be accepted within the specified timeframe of May 1–31, 2019. Applicants have no legal claim to the fellowship.
Eva Binder, Monika Dannerer, Niels Grüne, Barbara Hinger, Birgit Mertz-Baumgartner, Brigitte Rath
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Page Updated: 10-Oct-2018