LINGUIST List 29.3940
Thu Oct 11 2018
Jobs: Spanish; Phonetics; Phonology: Assistant Professor, Arizona State University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Isbel Spino <mispino
Spanish; Phonetics; Phonology: Assistant Professor, Arizona State University, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Arizona State University
Department: School of International Letters and Cultures
Job Location: Arizona, USA
Web Address: https://silc.asu.edu/
Job Title: Assistant Professor, Spanish
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Assistant Professor, Spanish (Job# 12593)
Arizona State University
School of International Letters and Cultures
The School of International Letters & Cultures (SILC) at Arizona State University (Tempe Campus) invites applications for a full time tenure-track Assistant Professor in the area of Spanish Linguistics with a specialization in Phonetics/Phonology and specific expertise in statistical analysis. Anticipated start date is August 2019.
Arizona State University is the nation’s leading major public university committed to inclusion and excellence in research and education. SILC’s online degrees and programs are increasing in size at a robust rate, and we seek a candidate who excels in both research and teaching to help advance the School’s programs to national prominence.
- PhD in Spanish, Spanish Linguistics or Linguistics at the time of hire.
- Native or near-native proficiency in both Spanish and English.
- Experience teaching undergraduate and graduate linguistics courses.
- Ability to teach statistics for linguists.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in college-level teaching, including online courses.
- Demonstrated commitment to U.S. Southwest Spanish.
- A record of published research In Spanish Phonetics/Phonology.
- Demonstrated success meeting the needs of diverse student populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities.
Position duties include:
Teaching undergraduate and graduate linguistics courses including Research Methods, mentor graduate students; and participate in service to the university and profession as appropriate in rank.
To apply, submit electronically to the application link provided below the following materials:
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A letter addressed to Dr. Alvaro Cerrón-Palomino, Search Committee Chair, outlining research agenda, potential intellectual contributions to SILC, and how the applicant's experiences fit the qualifications listed above;
- Two recent sets of student evaluations; and
- The names, positions, and contact information (including email addresses) of three references, who may be contacted by academicjobsonline at a later stage in the search.
The initial application deadline is November 23, 2018; if not filled, review will continue every two weeks thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/
Application Deadline: 23-Nov-2018
Web Address for Applications: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/12329
Associate Professor, Spanish Alvaro Cerron-Palomino
Page Updated: 11-Oct-2018