LINGUIST List 29.3968
Fri Oct 12 2018
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Language Teaching and Research Center, National Chiao Tung University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
English; Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Language Teaching and Research Center, National Chiao Tung University, HsinChu, Taiwan E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Language Teaching and Research Center, National Chiao Tung University
Job Location: HsinChu, Taiwan
Web Address: http://www.nctu.edu.tw/en
Job Title: Full-time contract-based English language teaching positions available
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Language Teaching and Research Center at National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, invites applications for full-time contract-based lecturer positions, starting August 1, 2019.
A master’s degree in TESOL, applied linguistics or related fields is required. Applicants should demonstrate high level of English proficiency (good command of written and spoken English), and innovative and effective teaching expertise for undergraduate and graduate English language courses. Applicants with university teaching experience are preferred.
Applicants should submit their application with the following documents. Letters of reference may come under separate cover.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of diploma of highest degree (Note: Applicants are responsible for having the degree certificate officially verified by the Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan), representative offices, or other organizations authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Taiwan.)
- Photocopy of official transcript from the highest degree granting institution(s)
- Photocopy of Lecturer Certificate issued by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan (if applicable).
- Proof of past and current employment
- Sample course syllabi for English courses
- Publication list or writing samples
- Two letters of reference
- Other supporting documents (e.g., teaching evaluations or other evidence of teaching effectiveness)
To ensure full consideration, application materials should be sent to the application address provided below and be received by November 16, 2018. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview on campus in Hsinchu.
Please note that application materials are not returned to applicants. Please direct all inquiries to Ms. Shi-Yue Huang: Email: yue8781
nctu.edu.tw, Phone: +886-3-571-2121#52724. Information about the University can be found at http://www.nctu.edu.tw/en
, and about Language Teaching and Research Center at http://ltrc.nctu.edu.tw/index.php
Application Deadline: 16-Nov-2018
Mailing Address for Applications:
Stephanie W. Cheng, Ph.D., Dir
Language Teaching and Research Center
National Chiao Tung University
1001 University Road
Page Updated: 12-Oct-2018