LINGUIST List 29.4006
Tue Oct 16 2018
Support: Pragmatics; Semantics: PhD, University of Goettingen
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Clemens Steiner-Mayr <clemens.steiner-mayr
Pragmatics; Semantics: PhD, University of Goettingen, Lower Saxony, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
Department: Department of English, Linguistics Section
Web Address: https://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/196550.html
Institution/Organization: University of Goettingen
Specialty Areas: Pragmatics; Semantics
The Linguistics section of the Department of English at the Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen is looking to fill the position of a Research Assistant with 50% of the regular working hours (currently 19.9 hours per week) and a limited contract of 4 years. This position should be filled by April 1, 2019. Salary: Pay grade 13 TV-L.
- You will write a dissertation,
- Teach courses as defined in Section 31 of the Higher Education Act of Lower Saxony (NHG) and administer examinations,
- Work on the research area of “formal semantics and pragmatics”.
- You hold a university degree with a focus in “formal linguistics”,
- Have expertise in formal semantics and pragmatics,
- Have excellent knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of theoretical syntax or morphology is an asset, so is acquaintance with experimental methods.
The University of Goettingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Please send your application with:
- A letter of motivation,
- Academic CV,
- An outline of the prospective topic for the PhD thesis (max. 2 pages),
- A writing sample (e.g. BA/MA thesis),
- Contact information of two persons for references
by November 5, 2018 preferably in electronic form to Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, Seminar fuer Englische Philologie, Kaete-Hamburger-Weg 3, 37073 Goettingen, email: mstrueb
If you have any questions, please contact Clemens Steiner-Mayr
phone: +49-551-39-7576, email: clemens.steiner-mayr
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Information General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Applications Deadline: 05-Nov-2018
Mailing Address for Applications:
Attn: Clemens Steiner-Mayr
Goettingen Lower Saxony 37073
Web Address for Applications: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/305402.html?cid=13912
Page Updated: 16-Oct-2018