LINGUIST List 29.4094
Fri Oct 19 2018
Jobs: Language Acquisition: Instructor, Santa Monica College
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Language Acquisition: Instructor, Santa Monica College, California, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Santa Monica College
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.smc.edu/
Job Title: Full-Time/Tenure Track- Modern Languages - Linguistics Instructor
Job Rank: Instructor
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition
Santa Monica College
Full-Time/Tenure Track - Modern Languages - Linguistics Instructor
Salary: $61,183.00 - $127,482.00
Deadline: Friday, February 1, 2019
Please click on the application link provided below to review the detailed job bulletin.
- Teach courses in lower division linguistics
- Maintain office hours
- Participate in curriculum development, student learning outcome (SLO) development and assessment, pathways, departmental program review, academic and career advisement, staff development programs, and college and departmental committees and activities.
- Master's Degree in the language being taught or
- A Bachelor's Degree in the language being taught AND a Master's Degree in another language or linguistics or
- The Equivalent
- Possession of an appropriate valid California Community College Credential authorizing service in the specified subject area(s).
- Ph.D. in linguistics or applied linguistics, experience teaching linguistics, and mastery of one or more of the following languages: American Sign Language, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish or Turkish
- Demonstrated excellence in community college teaching
- Evidence of an equity mindset, a commitment to supporting, recruiting and retaining underrepresented and at-risk students
- A demonstrated commitment to closing equity gaps
- Evidence of a culturally responsive pedagogy
- Experience working with and managing language software programs
- Experience conducting workshops or presentations on the use of technology in the classroom, and online experience teaching hybrid or online linguistics or language courses
- Experience developing curriculum
Experience developing and leading study abroad programs.
FT Faculty Application Requirements
A standard application consists of the following:
- Online District Application
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Confidential Letters of Recommendation
Additional, job-specific items may be required. Please refer to the application link below for specific details.
The e-mails to your reference writers requesting confidential letters of recommendation are not generated until the application is complete. You must finish you application and click submit for the e-mails to go out. Please keep this in mind and allow enough time for your reference writers to receive the request and submit the letters prior to the recruitment deadline.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all application materials, including the letters of recommendation, are received prior to the recruitment deadline.
Starting salaries for FT Faculty are based on a combination of experience and educational achievement. Initial placement is within the starting salary range. Further advancements are based on longevity and educational growth.
Application Deadline: 01-Feb-2019
Web Address for Applications: https://bit.ly/2q3jY0q
Page Updated: 19-Oct-2018