LINGUIST List 29.4123
Tue Oct 23 2018
FYI: Editorial change JB journal JICB
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Karin Plijnaar <karin.plijnaar
Editorial change JB journal JICB E-mail this message to a friend
John Benjamins is pleased to announce that as of 2019, Laurent Cammarata (University of Alberta) and Pádraig Ó Duibhir (Dublin City University) will succeed Diane J. Tedick (University of Minnesota) as editors of the Journal of Immersion and Content-Based Language Education. Diane J. Tedick will remain a member of the board.
The Journal of Immersion and Content-Based Language Education (JICB) invites research and theoretical papers related to all levels (from pre-Kindergarten to university) of language education contexts in which subject matter is used as the vehicle to teach language, including but not limited to:
- bi- and multilingual education
- all forms of language immersion education that strive for additive bilingualism
- subject-matter driven minority, heritage, and Indigenous language education
- dual language education
- content-based language instruction (CBI)
- content and language integrated learning (CLIL)
- English-medium instruction (EMI)
- language across the curriculum
- sheltered English as a second language (ESL)
- language for specific and academic purposes
JICB editors welcome submissions that report on empirical research and/or offer theoretical discussions, with a preference for innovative submissions that push the field forward and generate new knowledge. The content of the journal is geographically broad and multidisciplinary (e.g., education; applied linguistics; anthropology; sociology; psychology; speech, language, hearing sciences; language policy and planning; etc.). The JICB supports the use of a wide range of research methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed methods, action research).
Peer Review Policy: All articles submitted to this journal undergo rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening and blind review by at least three anonymous referees.
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
Page Updated: 23-Oct-2018