LINGUIST List 29.4152
Thu Oct 25 2018
Jobs: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Post Doc, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Misha Becker <mbecker
General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Post Doc, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Job Location: North Carolina, USA
Web Address: https://linguistics.unc.edu/
Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Hispanic Linguistics; Second Language Acquisition; Bilingualism
As part of a continuing commitment to building a culturally diverse
intellectual community and advancing scholars from underrepresented groups in
higher education, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Carolina
Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity (CPPFD, https://research.unc.edu/carolina-postdocs/
) is pleased to offer postdoctoral
research appointments for a period of two years. The purpose of CPPFD is to
develop scholars from underrepresented groups for possible tenure track
appointments at the University of North Carolina and other research
universities. Postdoctoral scholars will be engaged full-time in research and
may teach only one course per fiscal year. This program is funded by the State
of North Carolina.
The CPPFD is a nationally recognized and extremely competitive program. We
typically receive more than 750 applications per year and typically fund 4-5
new postdoctoral researchers per year.
Applications for study in any discipline represented on the campus are
welcome. Please specify your discipline of interest when applying.
- $47,476 per calendar year (STEM disciplines-based on qualifications)
- $2,000 per year research fund for research expenses, including travel.
- Applicants must have completed their doctoral degree or terminal degree in
their field within the past five years and no later than July 1st of the award
- The primary criterion for selection is evidence of scholarship potentially
competitive for tenure track appointments at the University of North Carolina
and other research universities.
- An important secondary criterion is the support of prospective departments.
- Preference will be given to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. The
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill strongly encourages applications
from African American, Native American and Hispanic American scholars.
- Cover letter addressed to Vice Chancellor for Research
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of research plans (1-3 pages)
- A contribution to diversity statement on why you should be selected for this
program (1–3 pages)
- Writing samples (e.g., publications and/or dissertation chapters) – Visual
Artists should include a portfolio of their artwork in lieu of writing
- Two references for letters of recommendation
- All Materials must be submitted through online application system to be
accepted. Please see the application link provided below.
The next application deadline is November 15, 2018 at 11:59 EST. Applications
are accepted September 15th-November 15th.
For questions or additional information regarding the Carolina Postdoctoral
Program for Faculty Diversity, please contact:
Director, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an Equal Opportunity,
Affirmative Action Employer
Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2018
Web Address for Applications: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/148221
Professor and Chair Misha Becker
Page Updated: 25-Oct-2018