LINGUIST List 29.4153
Thu Oct 25 2018
Jobs: Arabic, Egyptian; Applied Linguistics: Instructor, University of Pittsburgh
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Allison Thompson <amt79
Arabic, Egyptian; Applied Linguistics: Instructor, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Pittsburgh
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: https://www.linguistics.pitt.edu/
Job Title: Assistant Instructor of Arabic
Job Rank: Instructor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Arabic Language Instruction
Required Language(s): Arabic, Egyptian (arz)
Pending budgetary approval, the Less-Commonly-Taught Languages Center of the Department of Linguistics, University of Pittsburgh, seeks applications for one position of a non-tenure-stream Assistant Instructor for all levels of Arabic language instruction. The initial contract will run from September 1, 2019 through August 30, 2020 and is renewable. The position will have responsibility for teaching 27 credits, or their administrative equivalent, per year.
- MA or PhD in Arabic, language teaching, linguistics or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in teaching all levels of Arabic in an academic setting
- Native or near-native ability in Arabic
- Good command of spoken and written English
Salary and benefits:
- Access to the University’s retirement program and full medical benefits
- Salary range depends on qualifications and experiences
Apply at the application link provided below by uploading:
- A letter of application,
- A current CV,
- A teaching statement (including any non-language courses you might be interested in teaching),
- Proof of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student surveys,
- Peer and supervisor reviews),
- A diversity statement, and
- Three letters of recommendation.
Questions may be addressed to the contact information provided below.
Women and members of minority groups that are under-represented in academic are especially encouraged to apply.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2018
Web Address for Applications: https://facultysearch.as.pitt.edu/apply/index/MjUx
Faculty Search Committee Anthony Verardi
Page Updated: 25-Oct-2018