LINGUIST List 29.4184
Fri Oct 26 2018
Jobs: French; Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Princeton University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Sena Hill <smhill
French; Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Princeton University, New Jersey, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Princeton University
Department: Department of French and Italian
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Web Address: https://fit.princeton.edu/
Job Title: Lecturer in French
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): French (fra)
The Department of French and Italian has the occasional need for Lecturers in French to teach a range of courses in language and culture in a dynamic undergraduate program committed to innovation and excellence. Part-time positions may be available beginning February 1, 2019, dependent upon the needs of the Department and the qualifications of the candidates. Possibility of renewal will be based on course enrollments and satisfactory performance. Position includes opportunities for professional development.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
- Native or near-native fluency in French and English, proven experience teaching French as a Foreign Language at the university level, and excellent teaching credentials.
- Master's degree or enrollment in a Ph.D. program required; Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience in culture-based instruction, integration of new technologies and curriculum development.
- Ability to supervise and mentor graduate student instructors is highly desirable.
Preference will be given to candidates with a background in French as a Foreign Language and/or Linguistics, SLA or Applied Linguistics, although other fields will be considered. These positions are subject to the University's background check policy.
Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants are to apply online at the application link provided below and submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae, including description of teaching experience
- Letter of application that explains teaching interests, areas of expertise, and scholarly experience in the relevant fields
- Statement of teaching: no more than 500 words explaining how the candidate has approached or would approach the courses he or she wishes to teach
- Two recent student evaluations
- One reference letter addressing teaching (to be submitted directly by referee)
- Complete contact information for two additional professional references (to be submitted by applicant)
Application Deadline: This position has been closed.
Web Address for Applications: https://puwebp.princeton.edu/AcadHire/apply/application.xhtml?listingId=9521
Ms. Sena Hill
Page Updated: 15-Nov-2018