LINGUIST List 29.4382
Wed Nov 07 2018
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Researcher, MyScript
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Researcher, MyScript, Nantes, France E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: MyScript
Job Location: Nantes, France
Web Address: https://www.myscript.com/
Job Title: NLP Engineer
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; NLP
For more than 15 years, MyScript® has earned recognition and acclaim as the core technology powering the industry’s most advanced handwriting recognition engines.
MyScript handwriting recognition and digital ink management technology provides optimal, consistent results with any digital writing device. In addition to the industry’s most comprehensive and accurate text recognition technology, MyScript can recognize complex mathematical equations, geometric shapes, and music notation.
By enabling a truly natural human machine interface, MyScript creates transformative opportunities for next generation applications in the mobile, automotive, enterprise, education and many other sectors.
With nearly 100 languages supported and a truly international team, MyScript serves customers worldwide from its headquarters in Nantes - France, and regional offices located in Paris, USA, Japan and South Korea.
With over 90% of its sales abroad, and more than 350 million users worldwide, MyScript is strongly focused on innovation and high technology. Its handwriting technology is distributed as a software development kit and end user applications.
At the CES 2017, MyScript won the “best application” award for Nebo, our note taking app.
As part of the NLP team you will play a significant role in moving the linguistic resources of our recognition engine to a higher level. You will require an extensive knowledge in machine learning techniques to:
- Improve language modeling so that it can perform best in a large number of use cases
- Be able to adapt language modeling to the particular behavior of the writer in a transparent way
- Exploit huge amount of data with a multilingual perspective
At the same time you will be actively involved in the process of creating the linguistic resources. Therefore, you will be required to offer an engineering perspective on a wide range of subjects such:
- Provide guidelines to efficiently collect and study realistic data
- Optimize the creation, maintenance and upgrade of the linguistic resources for all languages covered by the recognition engine
- Solve recognition issues reported by the customer support team
- Graduating of a Master or PHD, you have at least 3 years of experience in NLP or in any artificial intelligence field.
- You have a good command of at least one programming language used in NLP (e.g. Python) and you feel at ease in Linux/Unix environment, this allows you to be completely autonomous completing all technical tasks.
- You have experience in modern deep learning approaches to NLP and you are aware of aspects related to large data and scalable processes.
- You are fluent in English and have a passion for working with language data.
- Autonomous, rigorous, dynamic and a real team-player, you will demonstrate the expertise required for the success of your mission.
- The following skills/knowledge would also be appreciated: C or C++, proficiency in NLP toolkits, any experience in automation/industrialization of NLP, master of other languages.
Life at MyScript:
- Join a dynamic, international team working on exciting and cutting edge technology.
- Integrate into a human-scale company that promotes creativity, initiatives and sharing experience in a friendly atmosphere.
- Located in Nantes, the most liveable city in France.
This is a permanent position.
International candidates will be considered.
To apply, please send your resume and motivation letter to the application email provided below.
Feel free to contact MyScript for more information:
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: job
Page Updated: 07-Nov-2018