LINGUIST List 29.4392
Thu Nov 08 2018
Jobs: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Elena Pirttisalo <elena.pirttisalo
Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge Technologies Inc. E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Department: Machine Intelligence team
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com/
Job Title: Computational linguists/developers: various languages
Job Rank: Computational Linguist, Language Tools Developer
Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Arabic, Egyptian (arz) Arabic, Gulf (afb) Arabic, Standard (arb) Basque (eus) Danish (dan) Dutch (nld) English (eng) German (deu) Hebrew (heb) Italian (ita) Japanese (jpn) Korean (kor) Portuguese (por) Welsh (cym)
Join our multi-cultural team working on the cutting edge Machine Intelligence projects! We are looking for computational linguists/developers native in Arabic (various dialects), Basque, Danish, Dutch, English (any locale), German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (both Brazilian and European), Danish, Italian, or Welsh for our ongoing and future projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computational Linguistics or Bachelor’s or Master’s in general linguistics and studies in Computational Linguistics or Computer Science
- Native language: Arabic (various dialects), Basque, Danish, Dutch, English (any locale), German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (both Brazilian and European), Danish, Italian, or Welsh
- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Experience in language tools development
- Knowledge of Regular Expressions, Perl, XML, Shell scripting and alike
- Experience in annotation (POS)/syntax (grammar dependency) related work is a plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Possibility to work part-time (around 30 hours/week) on freelancer basis.
Miscellaneous projects on language engines development (development of proofing tools, working with POS, syntactic dependencies, speech recognition, etc.)
Differs for different languages
Please send the application with the hourly rate request and your CV to the application email below.
Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer life cycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 28 countries
Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2019 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs.gsmi
Resource Manager Elena Pirttisalo
Page Updated: 19-Nov-2018