LINGUIST List 29.4522
Wed Nov 14 2018
Jobs: English; Translation: Asst/Assoc Professor, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Rosaline Chan <rosaline
English; Translation: Asst/Assoc Professor, The Chinese University of Hong Kong E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Department: Department of Translation
Job Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Web Address: http://traserver.tra.cuhk.edu.hk/
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Translation
Required Language(s): English (eng)
- Possess a relevant PhD degree in translation or other related fields;
- Specialize in one or more of the following areas: practical translation (including translation project supervision), interpreting, translation studies, literary translation and computer translation; and
- Preferably have relevant teaching experience and professional qualification(s).
Priority consideration will be given to those with publications both of a scholarly nature and of actual translation.
The appointees will:
- Teach undergraduate and/or postgraduate courses in the area(s) named above;
- Supervise research postgraduate students;
- Develop and participate in independent and/or collaborative research projects; and
- Undertake administrative duties.
Appointments will normally be made on contract basis for up to three years initially commencing August 2019, which, subject to mutual agreement, may lead to longer-term appointment or substantiation later.
To apply, please see the application link provided below.
Application Deadline: 07-Jan-2019
Web Address for Applications: https://cuhk.taleo.net/careersection/cu_career_teach/jobdetail.ftl?job=1800029V&tz=GMT%2B08%3A00
Ms. Rosaline Chan
Phone: (852) 3943 7694
Fax: (852) 2603 7843
Page Updated: 14-Nov-2018