LINGUIST List 29.4538
Thu Nov 15 2018
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics: Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Lea Mencner <Lea.Mencner
Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics: Nuance Communications, Aachen, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Aachen, Germany
Web Address: https://www.nuance.com/
Job Title: Language Engineer - 24 months' contract
Job Rank: Language Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics
The Nuance Communications Automotive division is at the cutting-edge of the latest technology. Delivering solutions that harness the power of A.I. and Machine Learning and used by some of the best known Automotive OEM’s in Germany, China, UK, USA and the rest of the world.
Our state-of-the-art systems include not only speech recognition and speech output which enables the end users in the car to control features like navigation, phone, media and even the air conditioning with their voice. But also, voice biometrics is part of our cutting-edge technology which allows the Infotainment System to identify to the person that is speaking as well as their location in the car.
As a Language Engineer you will support us with the implementation of speech dialog, localization, dictionary and grammar generation for projects with our Automotive customers.
- Analysis of customer product requirements
- Specification of dialogs in co-operation with the customer
- Implementation of dialog flows and grammar
- Test of dialog in development environment and on the infotainment system
- Evaluation of system, analysis of tickets and provide bug fixing
- Integrate and review localization of several languages in the dialog system
- Carry out of dictionary, grammar generation and transcription projects including the ability to organize multiple work packages for different co-workers and contractors.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
- Bachelors or Graduate University degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Information technology or a comparable field
- Customer focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and at least one more language
- Experiences in user interface design,
- Experiences in programming (e.g. Python)
- Engineering practices in design, coding, and testing
- Team player
- Experiences in development of embedded systems
- Experience with speech recognition or related technologies is an advantage
- Experience with localization
- Experience with phonetic transcriptions
- Experience with user studies
To apply, please see the application link provided below.
Application Deadline: 28-Feb-2019
Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.nuance.com/job/aachen/language-engineer-24-months-contract/843/9907025
Page Updated: 15-Nov-2018