LINGUIST List 29.4638
Tue Nov 20 2018
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Senior NLP Engineer, Bose
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Staffing Operations <staffing_operations
Computational Linguistics: Senior NLP Engineer, Bose, Massachusetts, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Bose
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: https://www.bose.com/en_us/index.html
Job Title: Senior NLP Engineer
Job Rank: Senior NLP Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Senior NLP Scientist
The Bose Contextual Language Processing team is seeking a Senior NLP Scientist to help us transform the future of Bose products by adding new layers of intelligent software to our award-winning hardware. We are an interdisciplinary research team whose goal is to develop new interaction models that learn and adapt to users in ways that feel like magic. To drive the next 50 years of innovation at Bose, we’re investing in exceptional people to help us execute pioneering research. We’d be thrilled to have you help us deliver on our human-centered brand promise to help people be more, feel more, and do more.
What you can expect:
- Contribute to our vision of the future of AI and cloud-enabled Bose products
- Create innovative solutions to NLP problems by applying linguistically-informed, statistical and machine learning based methods
- Work on a variety of applied NLP problems such as semantic parsing, text classification, named-entity recognition and linking, NLG, summarization, and spoken dialog systems
- Implement cloud microservices that serve data processing, feature extraction, and natural language understanding use cases
- Research, implement, and evaluate a variety of published approaches and algorithms for NLP problems
What we’re looking for:
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field with a specialization in NLP, speech recognition, machine learning, or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience using machine learning to solve NLP challenges
- Fluent in at least one of the following: Python, Java
- Solid understanding of concepts in linguistics: syntax and dependency parsing, semantics, ontologies, dictionary management, etc.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- Experience using common NLP resources such as: ELMo, GloVe, spaCy, Apache OpenNLP, - Stanford CoreNLP, NLTK, WordNet, etc.
- Passionate, creative, and collaborative mindset
What’s in it for you:
- Be a part of passionate, friendly, collaborative team with limitless potential
- Opportunity to significantly impact future Bose products that will be used by millions
- Excellent work-life balance and a continuous learning environment
- Highly competitive package as well as a comprehensive benefits program
To apply, please see the application link provided below.
Bose is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Application Deadline: 31-Dec-2018
Web Address for Applications: https://boseallaboutme.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Bose_Careers/job/US-MA---Framingham/Senior-NLP-Engineer_R12842
Page Updated: 20-Nov-2018