LINGUIST List 29.4772
Mon Dec 03 2018
Jobs: American Sign Language; General Linguistics: Rank Open, Gallaudet University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Julie Hochgesang <julie.hochgesang
American Sign Language; General Linguistics: Rank Open, Gallaudet University, Washington D.C., USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Gallaudet University
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: https://www.gallaudet.edu/department-of-linguistics
Job Title: Full-time tenure-track professor of linguistics
Job Rank: Rank Open
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Signed Languages
Required Language(s): American Sign Language (ase)
New job announcement for full-time tenure-track faculty in the Department of Linguistics at Gallaudet University
- Teach graduate courses in the MA and PhD programs in linguistics.
- Teach undergraduate courses in the undergraduate minor in linguistics.
- Advise and supervise undergraduate and graduate students in linguistics.
- Engage in scholarship and/or research in the field and generate external funding for research and student support.
- Participate in development, assessment, and revision of LIN programs, including online and certification courses/programs
- Participate in program, department, and university faculty activities and professional service.
- Other duties as assigned by the chair.
- Experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching linguistics.
- Ph.D. in linguistics or closely related field. To be considered for tenure at Gallaudet University, a candidate must possess a terminal degree; outstanding applicants in dissertation stage may considered.
- Ability to lecture in American Sign Language.
- Record of (or clear potential for) research and scholarship in signed language linguistics and demonstrated success or clear potential for generating external funding for research.
Salary and Rank:
Rank and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment will be for the regular nine-month academic year.
Send letter of application, vitae, official transcripts of graduate work and three letters of reference demonstrating quality of research and teaching to the Linguistics Search Committee at the address given below.
Screening will begin January 2019. Will continue to receive and review applications until the position is filled.
Gallaudet University serves deaf, hard of hearing and hearing students from many different backgrounds and seeks to develop a workforce that reflects the diversity of its student body. Gallaudet is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and actively encourages applications for open positions from candidates who are deaf, hard of hearing, members of traditionally underrepresented groups, people with disabilities, women, and veterans.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
Dr Julie Hochgesang
800 Florida Ave NE
Washington, DC 20002
Email Address for Applications: julie.hochgesang
Dr Julie Hochgesang
Page Updated: 03-Dec-2018