LINGUIST List 29.4776
Mon Dec 03 2018
Support: French; Semantics; Sociolinguistics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: PhD, Ghent University
Editor for this issue: Yiwen Zhang <yiwenlinguistlist.org>
Peter Lauwers <peter.lauwers
French; Semantics; Sociolinguistics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: PhD, Ghent University, Belgium E-mail this message to a friend
Web Address: https://www.ugent.be/en
Institution/Organization: Ghent University
Specialty Areas: Semantics; Sociolinguistics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): French (fra)
PhD student in French linguistics
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation with a topic in French linguistics.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department, specifically in French linguistics subjects.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
What we are looking for:
- You hold a Master’s degree in (Historical) Linguistics and Literature, in Linguistics, Translation, Interpreting and Communication or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You are interested in academic research and services.
- Any teaching experience or a diploma of teacher training is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
- You have written a master dissertation on the subject of French linguistics.
- You are a proficient user of academic French (both actively and passively and both in writing and in speaking).
What we can offer you:
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 January 2019 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see below). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format, accompanied by a research proposal in which you describe the aims and the research method (1,000 words; merged into one pdf file);
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact prof. Peter Lauwers (Peter.Lauwers
ugent.be, +32 (0)9/264 40 44 or 40 54).
Applications Deadline: 11-Dec-2018
Mailing Address for Applications:
Attn: Peter Lauwers
Web Address for Applications: https://www.ugent.be/en/work/vacancies/assisting/applyonline-aap.htm
Page Updated: 03-Dec-2018