LINGUIST List 29.4967
Thu Dec 13 2018
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Asst/Assoc Professor, Nagoya University of Commerce & Business
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Tak Uemura <tuemura
English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Asst/Assoc Professor, Nagoya University of Commerce & Business, Nisshin-shi, Aichi-ken, Japan E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nagoya University of Commerce & Business
Department: Department of English Studies
Job Location: Nisshin-shi, Aichi-ken, Japan
Web Address: http://www.nucba.ac.jp/en/
Job Title: University English Language Teaching
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; TESOL / ELT
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The Nagoya University of Commerce and Business (<http://www.nucba.ac.jp/en/
>) seeks two highly motivated, collegial, responsible and academically-oriented English language teaching scholars to join the newly established and expanding Faculty of International Studies. In April 2018, the Faculty launched a new curriculum with an emphasis on fostering an English environment to support students as they prepare for study abroad requirements. The Faculty welcomes applications from experienced teachers with an interest in developing and extending their research interests in EFL.
Reporting to the Dean of the Faculty of International Studies, the open positions hold administrative, teaching, research/creative activity, and potentially some leadership responsibilities. A successful candidate is expected to actively participate in and provide support for all the Faculty’s programs and initiatives. A successful candidate will also demonstrate that he/she embraces and has the initiative to advance the cross-disciplinary nature of the Faculty and its interactions with other university faculties and programs.
Rank: Lecturer or Assistant Professor
Start Date: April 1st 2019
- Two-year renewable contract with a highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Salary will be paid in 14 installments per year (inclusive of a bonus of one month salary paid in July and in December)
- Holidays in line with normal Japanese university conventions
- Excellent benefits package including private health insurance, a generous research budget and (with approval) a dedicated work day for research activities
- Individual airfare for a single one-way ticket to Nagoya, Japan from one’s home country of residence will be provided and assistance in obtaining a Japanese work visa.
Please gather the following application materials and send them in PDF format to Professor Tak Uemura (Dean, Faculty of International Studies) at the application email provided below.
- A cover letter
- An updated curriculum vitae (please indicate whether a publication was peer-reviewed), including a recent passport-type photo
- Two letters of recommendation from current/previous employers
- One copy of highest degree diploma (For ABD candidates, please also submit a statement from your advisor indicating an approximate timeline for your degree completion.)
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- A statement of research goals and interests
- If available, current/previous student evaluations of classroom teaching.
- ABD or Ph.D. / Ed.D. in TESOL /Applied Linguistics/English language education- English language teaching experience at the higher education level
- High level of English proficiency.
Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2019
Email Address for Applications: tuemura
Professor Tak Uemura
Page Updated: 13-Dec-2018