LINGUIST List 29.5011
Sat Dec 15 2018
Jobs: French; Italian; Applied Linguistics: Full Professor, University of Innsbruck
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Paul Danler <Paul.Danler
French; Italian; Applied Linguistics: Full Professor, University of Innsbruck, Austria E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Innsbruck
Department: Department of Romance Studies
Job Location: Innsbruck, Austria
Web Address: https://tinyurl.com/y85uodzv
Job Title: University Professor for French and Italian Linguistics
Job Rank: Full Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Synchronic, Panchronic and Applied French and Italian Linguistics
Required Language(s): French (fra) Italian (ita)
The University of Innsbruck invites applications for the position of a University Professor of French and Italian Linguistics at the Department of Romance Studies of the Faculty of Language, Literature and Culture.
The position will be based on a permanent civil-law employment contract with the University.
- Representing the subject of French and Italian linguistics both in research and teaching with a main focus on synchronic and/or panchronic as well as on applied Romance linguistics.
- Offering courses in French and Italian linguistics at the BA, MA and PhD levels.
- Participating in research platforms of the University, especially in the research platform “Cultural Encounters – Cultural Conflicts”.
Eligibility requirements include:
- A pertinent degree in higher education,
- A pertinent habilitation or equivalent qualification,
- Publications in leading international peer-reviewed journals and with renowned publishers,
- Involvement in international research,
- Competence in French and Italian synchronic and/or panchronic linguistics as well as in applied linguistics,
- Excellent competence in French, Italian and German.
The University of Innsbruck is committed to increasing the percentage of female employees, especially in leading positions and therefore explicitly invites women to apply. In the case of equivalent qualifications, women will be given preference.
Applications must reach us at the latest by February 28, 2019 and should include the usual documentation (esp. curriculum vitae, publications list, description of current and intended research, samples of the 5 most important works) (articles or book chapters, no books). All documents have to be submitted in digital form (CD-ROM, e-mail, etc.). Hardcopy (paper) is optional.
Please send the documents to: Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck, Fakultäten Servicestelle, Standort
Innrain 52f, A-6020 Innsbruck (fss-innrain52f
The basic salary is set down in the collective bargaining agreement for university employees. Professors are in the remuneration group A 1. For the position the monthly salary is 5.005,10 Euro (14 x). Depending on qualification and experience a higher salary can be a topic in the negotiations with the rector. Beyond that the university offers attractive additional benefits (http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/
The full, authoritative text in German (published in the official bulletin of the University of December 5, 2018) as well as additional information on the current status of the application process may be found at: http://www.uibk.ac.at/fakultaeten-servicestelle/standorte/innrain52f/berufungen_habilitationen/berufungen_index_2010.html
Application Deadline: 28-Feb-2019
Prof. Dr. Dr. Paul Danler
Page Updated: 15-Dec-2018