LINGUIST List 29.5014
Sat Dec 15 2018
Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Lecturer, University of New Mexico
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Fabiola Parra-Oldham <fabi
Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Lecturer, University of New Mexico, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of New Mexico
Department: Spanish and Portuguese
Job Location: New Mexico, USA
Web Address: http://spanport.unm.edu/
Job Title: Open Rank Lecturer II or III
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Language teaching
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese seeks applicants for Lecturer II/III at the University of New Mexico beginning August 2019. Responsibilities include teaching and assisting with coordination of Spanish Second Language Program. The teaching load is 4/4 with possibility of course reductions for administrative/coordination duties. Competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications.
Minimum qualifications for Lecturer II/Lecturer III:
- M.A. Spanish (Lecturer II) or Ph.D. Spanish (Lecturer III), Applied Linguistics, Second Language Acquisition, or related field by Spring 2019
- Two years experience teaching Spanish at higher education
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, student success, and working with broadly diverse communities
- Evidence of successful teaching performance
- Demonstrated experience with one or more: teaching language courses online, using publishers’ digital learning platforms, teaching Spanish for the professions
- Demonstrated experience teaching or supervising heritage learners
- Native or near-native fluency and ability to teach in Spanish and English
- Demonstrated experience with one or more: mentoring graduate TA curriculum development and assessment, ACTFL guidelines in course curriculum, active involvement in professional development.
Review applications begins January 25, 2019 until position is filled.
For complete details and to apply please visit the application link provided below. Appointed applicants to a UNM faculty position are required to provide official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to initial employment with UNM. Any inquiries to: 505-277-7361.
Application Deadline: 25-Jan-2019 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://unm.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=6950&site=14
Page Updated: 15-Dec-2018