LINGUIST List 30.1164
Wed Mar 13 2019
Calls: Spanish; Applied Linguistics/South Africa
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2019
29 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Arturo Mendoza Ramos <coloquio.hispanistas.surdeafrica
V Spanish Language Teaching Colloquium in Southern Africa: ‘Current state of teaching, assessment and research in the field of Spanish as a Foreign Language’ E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: V Spanish Language Teaching Colloquium in Southern Africa: ‘Current state of teaching, assessment and research in the field of Spanish as a Foreign Language’
Date: 25-Nov-2019 - 26-Nov-2019
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Contact Person: Nereida Ripero
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BJHhGk-u30YUAK5yIxDLcWXhv-PBMBMK/view?usp=sharing
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Subject Language(s): Spanish
Call Deadline: 30-Apr-2019
The V Spanish Language Teaching Colloquium in Southern Africa will be organised by the University of Witwatersrand, the Mexican Studies Centre (UNAM-South Africa) and the University of Cape Town. The Colloquium will be hosted by the School of Literature, Language and Media at the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa on the 25th and 26th of November.
The Colloquium is intended as a forum for reflection around the topics of teaching, assessment and research in Spanish as a Foreign Language across the African continent and around the world. We would like to extend a kind invitation to teachers, lectures and researchers, as well as representatives of educational institutions and centres involved in the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language. We also extend the invitation to participate in the colloquium to the diplomatic representatives of Spanish speaking countries in South Africa.
Tentative key speakers: Javier Serrano Aviles (Instituto Cervantes) and Martha Jurado Salinas (UNAM).
Call for Papers:
The objectives of this Colloquium are:
- To present the situation of the teaching of Spanish in Sub-Saharan African region.
- To provide a space for the exchange of ideas and the dissemination of best practices for the teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language.
- To analyse the situation of the teaching of Spanish in the above-mentioned region in relation to methodologies, development of teaching materials, use of TICs, among other topics.
- To report on the assessment and certification of Spanish in the African continent.
To inform on publications addressed to students and educators of Spanish in Africa.
- To identify the role of the Hispanic Studies Association of Southern Africa
- To disseminate studies conducted in Africa but also in other parts of the world
We welcome proposals on the following topics:
- Teaching of Spanish as Foreign language in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Teaching of Hispanic culture and literature.
- Methods of Assessment.
- Development of teaching materials.
- New methodologies
- Blended learning.
- Curriculum development and transformation in the African context.
Submission of proposals: A brief abstract (250-300 words) accompanied by contact details and a short biography (70-100 words) should be submitted via email to coloquio.hispanistas.surdeafrica
gmail.com not later than 30 April, 2019 by midnight. Selected papers will be notified by the end of May 2019.
Dr Nereida Ripero-Muñiz, University of the Witwatersrand
Dr Arturo Mendoza, Mexican Studies Centre (UNAM-South Africa) }
Dr María Recuenco, University of Cape Town
Page Updated: 13-Mar-2019