LINGUIST List 30.1245
Mon Mar 18 2019
Support: Clinical Linguistics; Phonetics; Psycholinguistics: PhD, Queen Margaret University
Editor for this issue: Yiwen Zhang <yiwenlinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2019
29 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
James Scobbie <jscobbie
Clinical Linguistics; Phonetics; Psycholinguistics: PhD, Queen Margaret University, United Kingdom E-mail this message to a friend
Department: Speech and Hearing Sciences
Web Address: https://www.qmu.ac.uk/research-and-knowledge-exchange/research-centres-institutes-and-groups/clinical-audiology-speech-and-language-research-centre/
Institution/Organization: Queen Margaret University
Specialty Areas: Clinical Linguistics; Phonetics; Psycholinguistics
Applications are invited for a research training bursary (i.e. A PhD plus Doctoral Certificate in Researcher Enhancement and Development). CASL Research Centre sits within the School of Health Sciences at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh. Applications are invited on any topic related to CASL’s current research, but bursary applications which address one of our four priority topics for 2019 will be preferred:
- Acquisition of English phonology, spelling, and meta-phonological awareness in bi-dialectal contexts [BUR19-01a]
- Speech production in people affected by acquired neurological impairments in comparison to the typical speech of older people [BUR19-01b]
- Speech planning and production at the initiation of utterances [BUR19-01c]
- The perception and production of typical disfluencies in speech [BUR19-01d]
Details of the centre’s strategic goals are available on our CASL website, along with links to current projects, publications, students and staff. Applications from qualified Speech and Language Therapists or non-clinicians are both welcome.
The successful applicant will be working within a highly skilled team of subject experts in a world-class laboratory* and will receive:
- Full waiver of tuition fees.
- An annual stipend of £15,000 lasting 3 years for full-time study, or pro-rata.
- A research budget of £2,000 to cover project expenses and travel.
*CASL’s research portfolio was rated 2nd in the UK for the REF census period (2008-2013): 92% was world-leading or internationally excellent (in outputs, environment and impact).
Applications Deadline: 25-Mar-2019
Web Address for Applications: https://www.qmu.ac.uk/study-here/postgraduate-research-study/graduate-school-and-doctoral-research/phd-bursary-competition/
Page Updated: 18-Mar-2019