LINGUIST List 30.1413
Fri Mar 29 2019
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Associate Linguist, Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2019
29 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Sofia Hirvonen <sofia.hirvonen
Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Associate Linguist, Lionbridge Technologies Inc., London, UK E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Department: Machine Intelligence team
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com/
Job Title: Associate Linguist
Job Rank: Associate Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; NLP
Required Language(s): Danish (dan) Dutch (nld) Norwegian Bokmål (nob) Norwegian Nynorsk (nno) Polish (pol) Portuguese (por) Russian (rus) Swedish (swe)
The role of the Associate Linguist is to provide linguistic expertise for developing NLP tools for the target languages.
You will work on several tasks to improve natural language processing:
- Developing grammars for Natural Language Understanding
- Creating templates for Natural Language Generation
- Evaluating current system outputs
- Annotating and reviewing linguistic data
- Fluency in one of the target languages - Norwegian, Polish, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Russian or Portuguese (PT/BR)
- Degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics or equivalent work experience
- Good knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology, phonology and lexicography of the target language
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, learn in-house tools
- Ability to work independently with confidence and little oversight
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Full-time availability for working on-site in London
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Keen interest in technology and computer-literacy
- Experience using NLP tools and concepts
- Experience in annotation work
Start: May - July 2019
Contract duration: 12 months, extension possible
Contract details: This is a full-time, in-office work, remote work not possible.
Please send your application with the availability information, the salary request and your CV to the application email below.
As an equal opportunity employer, Lionbridge welcomes and embraces a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, or protected military or veteran status.
Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2019
Email Address for Applications: Sofia.Hirvonen
Resource Coordinator Sofia Hirvonen
Page Updated: 29-Mar-2019