LINGUIST List 30.1548
Mon Apr 08 2019
Jobs: Germanic; Romance; English; Spanish; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics: Researcher, Emogi Technologies
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2019
29 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Max Petrenko <m.petrenko
Germanic; Romance; English; Spanish; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics: Researcher, Emogi Technologies, California, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Emogi Technologies
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: https://www.emogi.com
Job Title: Computational Linguist (English or Spanish)
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Semantic Parsing; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): English (eng) Spanish (spa)
Emogi Technologies Research, located in San Mateo, California is currently recruiting English or Spanish computational linguists. This highly visible, challenging, and cross-disciplinary research position will focus on understanding human conversations in messaging platforms as they unfold, in various contexts and situations.
Emogi is not just transforming how AI helps us understand human conversations at the contextual level, but the way people communicate to each other as it shapes the evolution of messaging. As a researcher at Emogi, you will have an opportunity to make an impact on all messaging platforms in the way people actually connect to each other, and brands, in chat.
The candidate will have a strong background in natural language understanding or computational linguistics.
The position will involve:
- Working with computational linguists, data scientists, ontologists, knowledge engineers and developers, defining and building interfaces between NLU, knowledge/reasoning and conversational analysis components, supporting prototype- and production-level capabilities;
- Developing and implementing core and extended NLP capabilities in English, including semantic and conversational/dialog levels
- Native or near-native proficiency in English or Spanish
- Experience with one or more general purpose NLP libraries, including but not limited to: spaCy, gensim, NLTK, SparkNLP, CoreNLP, OpenNLP. The successful candidate will be expected to write R&D-level code implementing NLP functionality in the target language.
- Very good knowledge of language resources in the target language (e.g. Verbnet, Framenet, Nomlex, Babelnet, etc.)
- Experience in leading or making focal contributions to NLP projects in the industry setting.
- A Ph.D. or Master's degree (and at least 3-year industry experience) in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science or related field.
Nice to Have:
- Practical exposure to knowledge graph technologies (e.g. Neo4J) and resources (Wikidata, Freebase, DBpedia, etc.)
- Experience in machine learning for NLP
- Experience working on hybrid (i.e. symbolic-cum-machine learning) NLP projects
- Experience working with word and graph embeddings (e.g. GloVe, fastText, BERT, TransE, etc.)
- Experience building, adopting or extending semantic parsing frameworks in the target language (e.g. PIKES, SLING etc.)
- Exposure to computational lexicology, computational semantics (more specifically meaning representation formalisms), inferencing, semantic frames and argument structure
- Exposure to Semantic Web technologies and Linked Data language resources in the target language (e.g. Premon, Ontolex, etc.)
- Exposure to dialog systems and computational discourse analysis
- Experience with Jupyter
- Experience with AWS
Emogi is a content platform that helps people find the perfect content to enhance conversations. We add fun expressive content to your conversations whether you’re texting on a chat app, commenting on a post, or sharing a video with friends. Emogi is an AI Research and Data Science company that understands human communication and the underlying emotions.
Our customers include messaging apps that want to create better product experiences for their users and marketers who want to connect organically with people.
Emogi provides good benefits with catered lunches twice a week, unlimited time off, and a fun environment.
Check us out at our website provided above.
To apply, please send your resume to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: m.petrenko
Page Updated: 08-Apr-2019